Rickie Lee Jones Japanese Target with OBI

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by monewe, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monewe

monewe Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'm confused by this listing. A West German manufactured cd but with an OBI? I thought only Japanese manufactured cds came with OBIs?

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Before WEA had discs pressed in Japan, they imported West German targets to Japan. For sale in Japan, they simply added an OBI strip and Japanese lyric sheet. The disc, booklet, and back insert are identical to what you would find with the standard West German target that was issued in the U.S.

4. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

KeithH is correct. In the beginning, there were only pressing plants in WG and Japan, and no way to keep up with all the demand, so discs had to be manufactured in one country and then distributed in others. I have a few of these and never realized they were "target" pressings. When I learned about "targets" from this forum, I went and checked each one, and they are all standard West German targets. They command a premium here in Japan, but that value is primarily for the obi. That said, I did come across a red Carly Simon Hello Big Man target in a Japan gold obi case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.