Robert Plant Why did he age poorly?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ronm, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chodad

chodad Hodad

Apparently Plant feels comfortable with his looks and that's all that matters.

andmoreagain, Muzyck and rburly like this.
  2. chodad

chodad Hodad

He looks more like Robert De Niro every day

Emmett66 likes this.
  3. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Robert Plant looks fine, probably looks younger if his hair was styled or his beard was mercifully shaved off.

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I think that sums it up.

5. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Rock Star(s) In Getting Older Horror

My question is, why didn't Pete Townshend die before he got old? The nerve of these people hangin' about, reminding us that we're getting older as well.

Tristero likes this.
  6. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I was under the impression that Gene didnt go under the knife until a couple of years ago.

7. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Someone should post a picture of his breasts so the real discussion can get started around here.

Emmett66, JulesDassin and Thurenity like this.
  8. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I think he's aged quite gracefully myself, as has his and Zep's music.

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's in his genes...why? does it matter?

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

he now looks like a character out of "Braveheart" which is fine.:)

11. alanb

alanb Senior Member

i think he stayed up late a few nights in a row sometime in 70's!

The guy has had a rock n roll life style for awhile and looks ok for it too!

Try it sometime and see how you fair.

12. That's the thing though ..... it usually ends up looking awful, like an old drumskin stretched over a pumpkin.

Aging gracefully, what happened to it ?

marke likes this.
  13. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Smoking really ages the skin.

14. wayved

wayved Guest

I'm just kidding of course but look at the title of this thread. I do not think Robert Plant has aged poorly at all. Oh no! Not at all!

15. Dublintown

Dublintown Forum Resident

Maybe it's true but if I were some of the others mentioned (and pictured) above, I'd be on the phone to Bruce right away to find out who who did "the work". He's also incredibly fit, of course and that helps too. (I met Springsteen at a Waterboys show here last summer and, even up close, he looks incredible.) Also met Plant back in '95 and he looked fine for his age at the time - but I think he has aged badly since then and looks older than 64.

ronm likes this.
  16. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Do we know if Robert still smokes? So glad I quit--two years and going strong. Hopefully, I can keep my baby faced complexion!

Nostaljack likes this.
  17. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

I have a fat face too. It comes from beer actually, I've never had steroid treatment. Maybe Robert likes a brew or too as well.

18. Beyond dying his hair McCartney hasn't had anything done and looks his age although quite good for it.

Jtycho likes this.
  19. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'll say this for Steven Tyler: he's had no plastic surgery or Botox, and he admitted in his autobiography that all he does is color his hair and use some makeup, which I think can be said for any on-stage performer.

I think the problem with Robert Plant is that he looked great in the 1970s, and looks pretty horrible today. No question to me that 80% of it is substance abuse and a rough lifestyle, and the other 20% is just genetics.

I agree with the consensus that all plastic surgery generally does is make rich people look like aliens:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

21. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

I'd say.....:laugh:

tumblr_lvx0kv11iT1qfakbso1_500.jpg

whatnow? and spindly like this.
  22. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

What I wouldn't give for a group photo of all the heartthrobs posting in this thread.

Thurenity and karmaman like this.
  23. marke

marke Forum Resident

This is an article from www.coolmenshair.com. Quite amusing.:)

"Ever since the beginning of his career, Plant has worn his hair long. It hangs down below his shoulders. It has a lot of curl to it, making it impossible to judge just how long it really is. This gives it a lot of body and volume as well.
    He does not seem to spend a lot of time working on styling his hair. It appears to simply fall freely around his head. The bangs are trimmed short enough to keep them out of his eyes. However, portions of them do fall down over his forehead, especially during an energetic performance."
    [​IMG]
    Robert Plant long hair with bangs.​
    "This is one of those cases where looks can be deceiving. He has to invest a good deal of time in maintaining his hair. Curly hair is much dryer and more prone to damage than straight. He must, therefore, apply conditioner liberally to keep the locks moisturized. It is also more likely to become tied in knots that could become the basis of dreadlocks if he did not brush it regularly."
    [​IMG]
    Robert Plant long hairstyle.​
    "The Robert Plant hairstyle is deceptively messy in appearance. While it looks as if he does nothing with it, the truth is that it takes a lot of time and care to maintain. However, this style contributes to the image he wants to project as a heavy metal singer. It apparently works for him as he has worn this same hairstyle with and without facial hair since he began his career more than 40 years ago."

Read more: http://coolmenshair.com/2012/06/robert-plant-hairstyles.html#ixzz2L7J77Yu0

24. wayved

wayved Guest

Robert Plant -- still making a bunch more money than me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.