RocknRoll firsts

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by samthesham, Nov 20, 2017.

1. wildstar

wildstar Forum Resident

Or more specifically a Zeppelin roadie with the event reportedly being filmed by a member of Vanilla Fudge (everyone else who was there - from both bands - were just spectators), a groupie and a 'yelloweye rockfish'. There were mudsharks present, but they were not involved - rather they were merely hung in closets with hangers through their gills.

2. wildstar

wildstar Forum Resident

May 11 1970

3. samthesham

samthesham Well-Known Member Thread Starter

In the words of the everlasting Johnny Carson "I did not know that" thanks for posting some cool ELVIS history.Although I am surprised they haven't come after you brandishing torches,pitch forks,noose&weapons of mass destruction.Around here some believe that if it doesnt fit their criteria of what they assume to know then it obviously didn't happen.Peace.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 12:20 AM
  4. audiotom

audiotom Forum Resident

First band to own their own record label? The Rolling Stones

First artist to change his name to a symbol? The artist formerly known as Prince

First band to name themselves after a Burroughs sex toy? Steely Dan

First artist to play Woodstock? Ritchie Havens

5. vmajewsk

vmajewsk Member

Nice guitar playing.

Laservampire likes this.
  6. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL Forum Resident

Oh, give it up! It has nothing to do with information fitting with what folks assume they know. It has everything to do with a failure to cite sources or present evidence to backup claims - especially when those claims contradict an entire body of known evidence. Simply saying, "I was there & I remember," isn't evidence no matter how much you want it to be. The fact that you took an obvious joke (the Elvis TV remote) as a piece of "trivia" proves your ability to parse out evidence.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 9:12 AM
  7. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

Are you sure the Stones were the first to own their own record label?

8. elgreco

elgreco Forum Resident

Definitely not. Earlier examples abound. The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles and Bob Marley & the Wailers come to mind...

However, the Stones were the first band to own a record company named after themselves, I think.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 9:52 AM
    uzn007 likes this.
  9. Laservampire

Laservampire (╯°□°)╯︵ ןıo ǝʞɐus

The first “use” of it in record was definitely the Beatles with I Feel Fine. But recordings of feedback go back much earlier:

uzn007 likes this.
  10. TonyR

TonyR Forum Resident

Sam Cooke started two record labels, SAR Records and Derby Records.

uzn007 likes this.
  11. samthesham

It work!I managed to draw out that deeply embedded pompousness within your psyche.Frank Zappa called it I believe "Plastic People". Tip;Get a Life!

12. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL Forum Resident

The time has come for me to remind myself of a favorite quote by Mark Twain & leave you to your own "knowledge."

[​IMG]

13. samthesham