Roger McGuinn New CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by eelkiller, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed Thread Starter

There are MP3's posted on Roger McGuinns web page from his forthcoming limited edition CD.
    There is also an email address to express interest in ordering a copy, if interested.

http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/mcguinn/index.html

Barry

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

I heard a few cuts when I saw him last month. He's till got that Jingle Jangle thing goin on.
    McGuinn looks and sounds great. If he's coming to your town don't miss him
    :righton:
    Cheers-
    Norm

3. whitenoise

whitenoise New Member

Barry and Norm, thanks for the heads up! He *is* coming to my town soon, strangely enough. Have to try to make it.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Byrd's fans you will not be disappointed. Perfect vocal pitch, incredible song cannon, and jangly chops intacto !!! :righton:

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i hope it is bettter than his lasst album "treasures from the folk den", which i found to be unlistenable.

renny

6. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

"Folk Den" was a labor of love for McGuinn. Definitely those songs have not been the highlights of recent concerts for me but I see where he's coming from there. It's cool to record a song with Pete Seger for example, in his living room.
    Still, for me anyway one of the best things about seeing McGuinn is the stories he can tell.
    Not many people out there can talk about riding on the Rolling Thunder tour bus and sitting next to Joni Mitchell, or shooting hoops with Bob Dylan or talking with Peter Fonda about the soundtrack to his upcoming motorcycle movie or about meeting Gram Parsons. It's pretty heavy.

Enjoy.
    Best-
    Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.