Rolling Stones Brussels Affair '73 box sets

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jack, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Ok, damn too late again :realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:
    I really have a bad omen with this box.

Maybe another forummember with a spare box ?? :laughup::laughup:

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Sorry I did not read your post properly. You could include your receipt then he could exchange if necessary. That would save you the hassle.

3. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Nice. I actually was going to send you an offer........but I already have mine.
    Good Going Man!
    You did good.
    the beave

4. The Beave

Got through the first and second LP's last night. What a trip to see Both Midnight Rambler and YCAGWYW taking up a WHOLE side of vinyl!! Awesome.
    Both Records do have warps, a gradual ones the the needle glides up and down, but not radical to make it not track. Sound quality is great and again the second LP is very quite vinyl wise. But spinning the LP's and looking at the box I realised that I don't need the book or litho, I just wanted the records so I wonder if there's any after market for the box without the records?
    But other than that I'll track the last side today.
    the beave
    Ok, wake up everybody.....and root on the SEAHAWKS! Game time 10:05 Playing in 1 degree cold!!

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Fabulous set. Yeah some of the lp's are warped a bit, but nothing that

Oh man keep the book. You'll be sorry if you don't. That's a limited edition, might end up being worth more than the records some day, and there are many shots in there that aren't available anywhere else. Plus Nick Kent's writings...Just great stuff.

Good luck today, but it won't matter in the end. Pats are going to win it all again.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  6. The Beave

LOL! They probably will. As long as there's not a blow out I'll be happy.
    the beave

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

don't say that. be a real 12 ;)

8. The Beave

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a Miracle.
    Geez, what a game. I do feel sorry for the kicker though. But just like when we lost the SB on that one interception at the last couple of seconds......you never really do know.
    Until the Fat Lady Sings.
    My condolences to all the Viking Fans.......they played a good game.
    Now back to life.
    the beave

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

The refund from Bravado for my set with the bad Side One of the vinyl came through today, the whole return process was very smooth. The only thing I paid for was tracking of the box. Oddly even though their return label was for Priority Mail it didn't include tracking which is usually included with that service.

10. After going back and forth with the supplier for around 3 weeks the sad conclusion is that they can't find a replacement lp for my faulty one. I didn't want to ship it back and they weren't keen on that idea either so a reasonable refund has been offered and accepted. I'd still rather have the good lp but at this stage my only hope is for a stand alone reissue at some stage .
    You win some and lose some and when you live at the further reaches of the planet there are times when you have to be more accepting when things are less than perfect. I've purchased a lot of vinyl over the last 10 years but from now on will stick pretty much to SACD/Blue Ray and yes, even cd audio instead.

11. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Sorry to hear I had a comrade in the defective LP camp. I suppose I would have done the same as you had I lived so far away. I suspect we may yet see a regular release on vinyl of this set, I should think there's lots of money to be made on it and we know the Stones do like taking in the cash.

RPhelps likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.