Rolling Stones in Mono - 2016 - Content Discussion Only (Mixes, Tracks, etc.)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MLutthans, Aug 11, 2016.

1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Congratulations on your sales then ya ____
    Best of luck then with everything I love you!:laugh:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    MHP likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

Agreed. For us old dogs who have been wading through the Stones weeds for a long time, we want a mop up of all the loose ends.. But for the new generation of Stones fans coming to the party or those old fans who had drifted away but are coming back this will be a nice start for them.

I believe my winter project will to be to rip these new discs, put them in chronological recording or mixing order as a giant Stones jukebox. Also I will add in any and all of the different track mixes I can find from my years of collecting The Rolling Stones.

3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I think there may be hope for good pressing quality but the GZ association is enough reason for me not to pre-order something this expensive. I'll wait a few weeks, at least, after it's been released when the excitement has worn off and the complaints thread starts.

moonshiner and Quark1134 like this.
  4. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

I'm of a similar mind - will wait for some reviews of the SQ and pressing quality rather than pre-order.

5. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Anybody know why they called it Stray Cats introducing potential confusion ? Wouldn't Stray Cuts or even Cutz, to be, you know, hip, have made more sense ?

sjaca and gryff like this.
  6. Well it looks like I will pick up the individual mono Between The Buttons and UK Aftermath next year on cd when available. Not much else in this set appeals to me as I like the stereo mix of TSMR and I can make my own fold-downs of the rest if I had a desire to. If some of the stray dedicated mono mixes are available for digital download I may also get some of those. Mono Between The Buttons holds the most promise for be -a punchy Amanda Jones should be cool.

FJFP likes this.
  7. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Will each CD have completely new mastering work?

8. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

In reference to "Stray Cat Blues" off of Beggars Banquet, plus the fact that the "Stray Cats" mop-up disc in this box has the same design as the originally released Beggars Banquet cover.

superstar19, Simon A and Mark Wilson like this.
  9. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Not only do I worry about GZ involvement of any kind, but since they are only supervising where is the actual pressing being done? :confused:

Guillaume Bougard likes this.
  10. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

No. 2 is available as a HD Download.

pablo fanques likes this.
  11. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Yes, a new 2016 mastering by Bob Ludwig.

rxcory and jh901 like this.
  12. Tony Plachy

Tom, One of the things I hate about starting a new thread on an existing thread is you loose the links to the first thread. Thank you for suggesting Analog Planet to me, I will check it out today.

Tommyboy likes this.
  13. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

They couldn't bring themselves to write "Pressed by GZ Media" but that's obviously what it means. I think it's prudent to wait for complaints of paper sleeves, dirty vinyl, finger prints.....Here's hoping not. A set this expensive merits top quality control.

ODShowtime likes this.
  14. Tony Plachy

I think you are right, based on Mikey's report on AP they are being pressed at GZ in the Czech Republic.

15. Jack

Jack Senior Member

mestreech and Simon A like this.
  16. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Aware that this is the CONTENT discussion thread for the Rolling Stones in Mono release but, at the Universal Music Store there is a Super Deluxe Collectors Bundle that includes nine 7" singles:

The Rolling Stones In Mono Vinyl LP Box Set + 7 »

The Rolling Stones In Mono CD Box Set + 7 »

Current price: $445.00 for the vinyl edition, $225.00 for the CD edition

Exclusive to uDiscover is this Super Deluxe Collectors Bundle, which includes 9 Limited Edition ‎7"s (each limited to 1,000 worldwide) replicating classic Rolling Stones singles with local artwork and rare tracks in glorious mono.

The 7"s will be available individually in stores across the world, with a very limited quantity of all 9 x 7”s available only on uDiscover when preordering the Rolling Stones In Mono boxsets.

Extremely Limited Offer

Limited to 1 per customer

Numbered Limited Edition
    16 Lps, 150+ Tracks Heavyweight 180-Gram Vinyl Including A 48-Page Book With Rare Photos And Essay By David Fricke From Rolling Stone. Includes Download Card

Exclusive 7" Singles are only available when you buy the bundle:

German 7” Single

A - 2,000 Light Years From Home
    B - She's A Rainbow

UK 7” Single
    A - Poison Ivy
    B - Fortune Teller

Australian 7” Single
    A - Fortune Teller
    B - Sad Day

U.S.A 7” Single
    A - Street Fighting Man
    B - No Expectations

French 7” Single
    A - We Love You
    B - Dandelion

Japanese 7” Single
    A - Tell Me (You're Coming Back)
    B - Carol

Norwegian 7” Single
    A - Time Is On My Side
    B - Congratulations

Dutch 7” Single
    A - Empty Heart
    B - Around And Around

Canadian 7” Single
    A - Not Fade Away
    B - I Wanna Be Your Man

[​IMG]

goodiesguy, Sean and Simon A like this.
  17. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose won't be allowed to have in stock until 2017.

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

The U.K. Mono Aftermath LP sounds like crap. Hopefully it was the mastering that was crap and not the mix (a la The Doors) and the new one is an improvement (huge would be good) over the original UK vinyl.

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Not confusing to me. Better than Stray Cuts IMO.

20. Tony Plachy

After reading the Analog Planet, I am hoping they did the vinyl from the DSD master as opposed to the PCM master. I have personal experience with DSD. I do my needle drops in DSD using a TASCAM DV RA1000HD recorder. My own experimentation with DSD and PCM has made me a DSD fan because, IMHO, nothing sounds more like analog than DSD. I also have the Stone's stereo vinyl that was cut from a DSD master and as Mikey said it sounds great.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  21. What does that even mean? They won't be allowed to even order from manufacturer ? Strange

22. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

looks great , ordered

23. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Did I gloss over something in the announcement? Are these going to be issued individually eventually?

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yes.

25. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Thanks!

Myke likes this.