Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers LIVE 2015 on iTunes

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MHP, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll Thread Starter

Just released in what seems an iTunes exclusive, is the songs from Sticky Fingers played live at the Fonda Theatre in 2015. Low price too.

theMess, supermd, rstamberg and 5 others like this.
  2. botley

botley Forum Resident

Whoa, downloading now! Nice surprise on a Monday morning.

Paperback Writer and MHP like this.
  3. Gazza63

Gazza63 Forum Resident

Sounds pretty good , what I've heard so far.

I would wager that , as the Fonda show was filmed for a SF live release, we'll get a multi disc deluxe package that'll include audio and DVD/blu ray at some point. The Hyde Park shows were released as a download soon after the event also and then got the multi-format treatment about three months later.

4. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll Thread Starter

I think it's fair to assume we will see it released in some other form later, yes.
    Though it's nice to see they can still surprise us :)

Paperback Writer, Gazza63 and botley like this.
  5. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

As a non-downloader, I was wondering what is your take on the performance ?

6. botley

botley Forum Resident

GREAT so far. Ronnie is rockin' as usual.

7. Groggy

Groggy Forum Resident

Cool, thanks. I'll try and get to give it a listen

Paperback Writer likes this.
  8. botley

botley Forum Resident

Holy "Sister Morphine", Batman!

9. botley

botley Forum Resident

Seems they have cut out most of Mick's onstage banter for this release, just the 10 songs with very little talking. "You Gotta Move" sounds fantastic with the full harmonies... overall these are absolutely great new arrangements; I particularly want to give Matt Clifford the MVP award (or is it Most Improved?) for adding very tasteful string and horn patches. A world of difference from his '89-'90 tour performances...

The trumpet on "Bitch" sounds like a real trumpet! The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Simon A, ChesterB, supermd and 4 others like this.
  10. botley

botley Forum Resident

Also loving the cover art:

[​IMG]

melstapler and Simon A like this.
  11. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

That is a teaser, isn't it?
    Rolling Stones Planning New Album and Live DVD
    By Michael Gallucci June 5, 2015 9:26 AM

Read More: Rolling Stones Planning New Album and Live DVD |

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-new-album-2015/?trackback=tsmclip

As the Rolling Stones continue their Zip Code tour and prepare for the release of a deluxe reissue of their classic Sticky Fingers album next week, they’re already making plans for what comes next.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Keith Richards said the group is itching to get back into the studio for its first album since 2005′s A Bigger Bang. ”Just last week, the word ‘studio’ popped up while we were rehearsing,” he noted. “I said, ‘Well, let’s find a time. I’m ready!’”

They’re also talking about releasing a home video of the secret show they performed at Los Angeles’ Fonda Theatre on May 20, four days before the tour officially kicked off in San Diego. They played Sticky Fingers in its entirety for an audience of about 1,200 fans. Mick Jagger told Rolling Stone that the band was especially on that night, knowing that the show was being filmed for possible release.

“We had to revisit tunes that we don’t do very often, and we had to make sure they worked really well,” he said. “We worked quite hard on ‘Sister Morphine’ and ‘I Got the Blues.’ They’re not actually that easy to do – it’s not simple 12-bar stuff.”

Still, all of these new plans will most likely be on hold until the Stones wrap up the Zip Code tour, which continues through July 15 in Quebec. After that, they may head to South America in the fall. “I’m looking at what the options are — we haven’t etched it in stone,” Jagger said, adding that the band has no plans to retire anytime soon. “Sometimes at the beginning of these tours, you feel a bit achy. But I’m in good shape. It’s all about avoiding being injured. You’ve just got to watch it and not overdo it, and you should be able to do it for a little bit longer.”

12. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

Nice, but having bought the Hyde Park iTunes release in 2013 and then the HP Box Set I think I'll be patient this time...

13. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Can't seem to find this in Itunes. Is the US excluded?

14. sway61

sway61 Forum Resident

Just search "Sticky Fingers Live on ITunes.

15. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

There it is... thanks!

16. sway61

sway61 Forum Resident

Welcome! Enjoy!

17. markaudio

markaudio Forum Resident

Best new live Stones I've heard in years. They can still do it when they want to.

Paperback Writer and botley like this.
  18. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

Average DR6 for the album.

Truly iTunes mastering to listen to at i-devices.

danielbravo likes this.
  19. botley

botley Forum Resident

I suspect that is how it was mixed. Bob Clearmountain puts a bunch of limiting on the stereo buss when he does these mixes, it's apparent even on the vinyl releases of "From the Vault" and related remixed old live shows that were not mastered for digital download release.

20. sway61

sway61 Forum Resident

Sounds great!

21. Ironbelly

Ironbelly Forum Resident

Kind of questionable, I would say. If you take into account the original download for Brussels 73 came with DR10 while the new CD is only DR6-7.

Rockos likes this.
  22. botley

botley Forum Resident

The download still had lots of limiting applied, I remember people complaining about it back in 2011. Marcussen mastered it for CD with even more compression, however. Download mastering was better than the physical product, in that case (same with the Sticky Fingers Deluxe MFiT compared with the CD).

23. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Let this release reinforce the obvious: the World's Greatest Rock n Roll Band.

24. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Nice. Look forward to checking this out later. Been listening to the '71 Marquee, '71 Roundhouse, and '71 Leeds quite a bit lately -- hard to imagine this modern-day live set will match the band's former greatness, but it will still be nice to check it out.

Dave Hoos likes this.
  25. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Surprised that they didn't let Mick Taylor on this one, his playing with the Stones in 2013 was pretty good. Perhaps it didn't make sense to call him in just for one show.

melstapler, rstamberg and Dave Hoos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.