Rolling Stones Streaming "Video Rewind" 2/16/2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Wilson, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident Thread Starter

Received the email below from The Rolling Stones official App last night and wanted to share for those who might like to check it out:

Streaming this Thursday 16th Feb

For the first time, watch Video Rewind, filmed in 1984. Video Rewind will stream to the app in full next Thursday 16th February, at 6pm GMT. Video Rewind features complete, unedited versions of some of the Stones’ most innovative videos and live performances, some of which were originally banned by TV stations around the world.

First released in 1984, Video Rewind is a collection of the band’s pioneering music videos and promo clips from 1972 onwards. Directed by Julian Temple, each clip is introduced by Bill Wyman and Mick Jagger.

Video Rewind will stream live to the app next Thursday 16th February.

Spadeygrove likes this.
  2. Spadeygrove

Spadeygrove Senior Member

I've had this on Beta since its original release. Neat concept with Bill and Jagger in the 'Rock & Roll Hall of Fame' which didn't exist at the time this was filmed. I remember this being only an hour long and some of the clips weren't complete but some were. Would like to see it get an official release as part as the Stones's Vault Series but it should definitely be an 'extra' and not the main feature; not another skimpy release like Hyde Park was.

Mark Wilson likes this.
  3. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Heh...just watched this on VHS in my man cave a few Saturdays ago.

Mark Wilson likes this.
  4. Mark Wilson

Received the message below from the Stones official app. I was at work when it streamed yesterday so I may watch this weekend. Have never seen all of it.

"Video Rewind now available for a limited time

Miss the stream yesterday? Due to demand, we have uploaded Video Rewind to the media section so that you can watch at your leisure.

Enjoy ! "

5. Max Musik

Max Musik New Member

Hi Mark,
    Can you please tell me how to get to the media section that has the upload of Video Rewind? Sorry to both you, I am new here and have not seen any links to a media section. Thanks

6. Mark Wilson

Hi. Just to clarify it's in The Rolling Stones official APP, not here. You download their app, and in menu icon up in the top left select Media and then Documentaries.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.