Ron Howard's Beatles Documentary Feature Film About The Band's Touring Years, "Eight Days a Week"*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jordanlolss, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Don't forget to 'boo' whenever a talking head appears!

2. zen

zen Senior Member

Or drink booze! :D

3. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Great idea. A drinking game. This could be a real selling point for the DVD/BluRay.
    Every time a talking head appears, or colorized footage appears, or a performance has audio from the wrong venue, everybody takes a drink. I can already imagine I'd be pretty sloshed by the time the movie is over.
    Maybe this is the best way to really appreciate the work that Ron Howard has done! :cheers:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

"Remixed glory" isnt the way Id describe it.

5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I knew I should have purchased those Beatle shot glasses years back.

dewey02 likes this.
  6. astronauta

astronauta Forum Resident

I only expect a release like Wings Over America deluxe. Posters and replica of the tickets, scrapbooks and tour photos

7. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

It will be very frustrating to see 10 seconds of a live clip and then cut away.

"Here's your steak, sir. The finest cut there is. But only three chews of one bite then you must spit it out".

Pass - I would rather eat a burger.

fr in sc and RAJ717 like this.
  8. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

It could be argued that the live music was incidental in the whole Beatles touring phenomenon 64-66 which seems to be the era the movie concentrates on. This will be reflected on screen. Ed Sullivan, Beatlemania and the end of touring. I wonder if half empty stadiums in 66 will be remarked upon. It seems the audiences in the US were giving up on them before The Beatles gave up.

9. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

They were all at the Herman's Hermits concert! :D

musicfan37, Kim Olesen and adm62 like this.
  10. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

Concentrating about the Beatles touring is one thing.

Doing that by having old celebrities reflect on how it affected themselves is quite another.

fr in sc likes this.
  11. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

True, some may well have interesting stories, others certainly not.

12. I always suspected Woody had a makeover. Now I find out he did it twice! The 1947 makeover is quite understandable, if he wanted to reach mainstream audiences. But did he have to "sex up" his image so much in 1957?

theMess, Glenn Christense and dewey02 like this.
  13. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Can't wait to see Day Tripper from Hammersmith Odeon intercut with Woopie interview..

14. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

Unless the talkers' stories involve meaningful interactions with members of the group during the touring period, none of their "interesting" stories belong in the movie, imo.

musicfan37 likes this.
  15. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

It would be great if the Shea video would be included in the DVD/Blue-Ray release along with a proper audio CD too. I keep hoping...

16. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Anyone saw the video that the official Beatles page on Facebook posted about Candlestick Park? It has some very interested footage from the 1966 gig. Color footage actually.

17. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

18. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

How much of the new film is relying on the Maysles' 1964 documentary What's Happening! The Beatles in the USA? It would be nice to see some of the 20 minutes of off-stage tour footage that was cut from the film for the 1991 version retitled The Beatles: First U.S. Visit.

fr in sc and trumpet sounds like this.
  19. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Wow, what a dirge for the background, might run this when getting teeth pulled.

scoostraw and musicfan37 like this.
  20. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

There is a DVD out there about Candlestick with little footage and a lot of talking heads. It was little bit of a disappointing buy.

I expect this movie to be a big step up from this, as it is Ron Howard’s directing it. I’m not expecting to go see a concert, but a docu movie. (The Shea concert in 4K will definitely be a nice bonus for sure)

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  21. JABEE

JABEE Forum Resident

Beatles music was too expensive to license.

22. astronauta

astronauta Forum Resident

As the new video has footage from Macca last concert at Candlestick Park, maybe there were filmed some scenes at some places from the last Beatles tour.

- 30/6/1966-2/7/1966 Budokan > Macca solo 28/4/2015
    - 23/8/1966 Shea Stadium > Billy Joel w/ Macca 18/7/2008
    - 25/8/1966 Seattle Center Colliseum (now KeyArena) > Macca solo 17/4/2016
    - 28/8/1966 Dodger Stadium > Macca solo 10/8/2014
    - 29/8/1966 Candlestick Park > Macca solo 14/8/2014

sorry for my english

23. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

As discussed at Beatlefest 2 weeks ago, can't see Apple paying all that money to digitally restore the Shea Footage and have it just be an "Add-on" to the Howard movie in theaters. It is screeming for a Blu-ray/dvd release!

24. MattShiv

MattShiv New Member

It's not listed on their website yet, but I got a press release today that indicates a 4K screening at the Alamo South Lamar on September 15th for those of us in Austin!

25. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

There is a two-disc Bluray version coming later this year and will very likely have Shea as a bonus. Just like they need to sell the theater tickets, they also need to sell the DVD/BD release....

Hopefully, we'll have full details on the contents by mid/late September.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.