Ronnie Dove-The Complete Original Chart Hits 1964-1969 Real Gone Music CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

Ronnie Dove- The Complete Original Chart Hits 1964-1969 CD

He notched over 20 hits and was a fixture on the charts throughout the mid- 60s, but to date Ronnie Dove has not received the definitive retrospective he deserves, as inferior-sounding album reissues and compilations have cluttered up the marketplace.

Now, at last, Real Gone is filling a BIG gap in 60s pop collecting with the release of The Complete Original Chart Hits 1964-1969, a 21-track collection (16 in stereo) that includes every pop hit this Baltimore-based legend had during his sterling career, remastered by Evren Göknar and Marty Wekser at Capitol Mastering Studios mostly from newly available Diamond label tape sources.

Joseph Lanza's liner notes include quotes from Ronnie himself as well as never before seen photos and memorabilia from his personal collection. By far the most comprehensive and best-sounding Ronnie Dove collection ever compiled, with several tracks appearing on CD in first-time stereo.

1. Say You
    2. Right or Wrong
    3. Hello Pretty Girl
    4. One Kiss for Old Times Sake
    5. A Little Bit of Heaven
    6. I'll Make All Your Dreams Come True
    7. Kiss Away
    8. When Liking Turns to Loving
    9. Let's Start All Over Again
    10. Happy Summer Days
    11. I Really Don't Want to Know
    12. Cry
    13. One More Mountain to Climb
    14. My Babe
    15. I Want to Love You for What You Are
    16. Dancin Out of My Heart
    17. In Some Time
    18. Mountain of Love
    19. Tomboy
    20. What's Wrong with My World
    21. I Need You Now

GroovinGarrett and Get2Me like this.
  2. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

'60s male pop vocals? I'm all over this!

3. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

Yep! Just about everything Ronnie released got played here - on the Top 40 stations & on the "M-O-R" stations! I guess I should pick this up, since I don't have a thing by him. Thanks Brad!

4. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

His version of Mountain Of Love, my favorite since I was a teen.

5. McLover

McLover Senior Member

"Newly available Diamond Label tape sources". Meaning we for the first time get something better than needledrops from Diamond vinyl pressings. Which were less than good. Ronnie's music is worthy of a fine reissue. Marty Wekser and crew have been on the trail of better sources for years, this was a lengthy trail of detective work.

GroovinGarrett, art and BradOlson like this.
  6. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Thanks for posting!

art likes this.
  7. BradOlson

You're welcome

8. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Has anybody told Steve Hoffman about this reissue? I remember him once talking about how much he loved his song, "Right Or Wrong"!

9. BradOlson

Chris C likes this.
  10. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

Brings back the days of me listening to WPGC and WEAM. Finally a decent collection done right! Thanks Brad!

BradOlson likes this.
  11. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

I've been a small part of the ongoing search for the Diamond label master tapes for the last 15 years or so. A lot of dead ends and skeletons. I haven't heard this compilation yet, but I'm told this will put prior (100% disc dubbed) Ronnie Dove compilations to rest. Tapes were obtained from a variety of sources, including UMG UK (tracks released by EMI on Stateside).

Real Gone Music will be offering autographed copies through their website, www.realgonemusic.com

Mister Charlie and Chris C like this.
  12. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Keith Allison and the Sweet Inspirations also look like great releases coming soon....

13. BradOlson

Here's the full Ronnie Dove promo text: He notched over 20 hits and was a fixture on the charts throughout the mid- 60s, but to date Ronnie Dove has not received the definitive retrospective he deserves, as inferior-sounding album reissues and compilations have cluttered up the marketplace. Now, at last, Real Gone is filling a BIG gap in 60s pop collecting with the release of The Complete Original Chart Hits 1964-1969, a 21-track collection (16 in stereo) that includes every pop hit this Baltimore-based legend had during his sterling career, remastered by Evren Göknar and Marty Wekser at Capitol Mastering Studios mostly from newly available Diamond label tape sources. Joseph Lanza's liner notes include quotes from Ronnie himself as well as never before seen photos and memorabilia from his and co-compiler Tom Diehl's personal collections. By far the most comprehensive and best-sounding Ronnie Dove collection ever compiled, with several tracks appearing on CD in first-time stereo.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  14. BradOlson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.