Route 66 - on Shout! Factory - DVDs?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Hard Panner, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Alden

Michael Alden New Member

A) It was for a good reason, not a bad one. B) You're going to be happy
    C) Think about what anniversary might be coming up in the next few months. That's all I'm permitted to say.

2. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz Thread Starter

Boy, this is a big disappointment. Just read a bunch of reviews over at Amazon.

3. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I have it, and do feel disappointed. But having the fourth season at last has really made me happy

4. Hard Panner

Yeah, I still want it - but I can't see forking over $99 for season 4 - the previously released seasons 1-3 are at my local library. And I still have my VHS tapes of 'Route 66' from Nick At Nite back in the 80s. I didn't get all the episodes, but pretty close. Maybe I should transfer these to digital.
    Big time disappointment.

5. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Thanks, Michael, and welcome to the Forum. I hope you're right and I'm inclined to believe you. And I'm perfectly happy to wait till "whatever anniversary might be coming up in the next few months" since I've got more than enough of a DVD backlog to keep me entertained. I just don't understand the way CBS Paramount has handled this whole matter.

6. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Shout Factory had also initially promised their Underdog and Tennessee Tuxedo sets would be superlative - with the episodes reassembled into their original network configurations.

But the collections that were eventually released were a mess - with some episodes missing content, replaced theme music, and everything being awash in heavy-handed DVNR.

While the Underdog episodes did somewhat resemble their network configuration, the Tennessee Tuxedo shorts were just put on the discs back-to-back, with zero attempt to recreate the network shows at all.

The eventual excuse was that Classic Media had supplied the substandard material to Shout, so that's what they needed to use.

So, I'm not surprised Shout's Route 66 collection is getting low marks, and If I could get a refund on my UD and TT sets, I would.

7. Michael Alden

Michael Alden New Member

Yes, you should. The Nick at Nite episodes were beautiful remasters to one-inch tape and even included the bumpers and some had the coming attractions on them. They looked far better than anything on DVD.

8. Hard Panner

Yeah, think I will - though, some of the tapes have some tracking problems when I last checked.

9. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

10. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I picked up a sealed copy of the complete set for $39 last night.

11. Hard Panner

Where?

12. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Vortex in Toronto...tax included!:cheers:

13. Hard Panner

Wow! Sweet deal!

14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Blu ray for 2014 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.