Rush 2112 40th Anniversary Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Was the whole catalog done in 2015 or which titles?

2. This is the three discs paired down from the Super Deluxe 2112 box with all the extras ?

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Click on the link, it is the 3 disc 40th anniversary version.

4. I did. It wasn't clear if that was the case, but it seems likely.

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm going by the picture which shows both sides of the actual item which is the same thing I received in the mail.

6. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Everything from the debut up to Snakes & Arrows... in vinyl more or less but at least, Hi-Res downloads of the albums also became available although, Presto up to Snakes as far as I know, weren't available on HDTracks etc. Hope Sean Magee gets to remaster Clockwork Angels at some point because that album sorely needs it. Snakes & Arrows was criticised for having a bad master when the CD came out but man does the remaster sound better than ever?! It really is that darn good! :)

johnny q, Plan9 and ytserush like this.
  7. Understood. For physical CD, sectors is the last version of the catalog to be done, right?

8. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

For 2112 on CD, the 40th anniversary is the last version to be done, mastered by Sean Magee.

9. That's right. But that's the only title he's done that's made it to CD?

10. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Correct. I hold out hope for the rest. (Unless they are being done quietly.)

11. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

To my knowledge, yes. The CD was tweaked a bit though, not exactly the same as the hi-res but still good from what I hear. For pure sound quality, if you're not set on a physical release, the 24/192 Magee's are the way to go for all Rush titles through at least Moving Pictures.

ytserush, DBR70, FVDnz and 2 others like this.
  12. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  13. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

There are 4 more on eBay for $4. Not only that, but best offers are being accepted. Just got mine since it was a huge steal:

ODShowtime, boboquisp and Johnny Reb like this.
  14. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb RĂ©sident du forum

Thanks so much for posting! Snagged one myself! What a steal!!! (Hurry up folks, $4 including shipping sure isn't going to last long. There are 4 more left.)

boboquisp and DiabloG like this.
  15. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

Just got this from that E-B seller, brand new shipped, for $3.99. Or you can make an offer! I had no plans to get this, but what a deal! For less than the cost of a beer or cup of joe...and it sounds great! Go get some...:righton:
    Hope the vinyl set crashes in price as well.

Johnny Reb likes this.
  16. I have played the 40th Anniversary 2112 like at least 12 times in the past two weeks. Loving it beyond words.

17. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

Those are not brand new, still a good deal though
    Was yours brand new, unopened in manufacturer's sealing? While this seller states in the description that it's brand new, if you scroll down the page it says:

"We process a high volume of Department Store overstock, open box and refurbished inventory. We thoroughly inspected this item, noted and took pictures of condition. This product is an open box that may be missing manufacturer packaging. Any and all questions for this listing should be asked prior to shipping to ensure your satisfaction."

18. boboquisp

Well, if brand new means unopened in shrinkwrap, then yes it was. :agree:

19. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Did it have the sticker on the front or was it just wrapped in shrinkwrap? Below is a link to another one on Ebay so you can see the sticker on the front of the case.

NEW - 2112 [2 CD/DVD][40th Anniversary] by Rush

20. boboquisp

Yes, it had the sticker. $3.99 shipped. Brand freaking new!
    Get one yet?

21. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Guys - I hate to ask but for those prices, are we sure these are not counterfeit?

22. boboquisp

Not counterfeit. Did I mention brand new in shrink wrap with the sticker on it. It's less than $4...get one and find out.
    :cheers:

Johnny Reb and jamesc like this.
  23. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

Thanks for the info, just ordered for $3.99 shipped, didn't want to insult the seller by trying to make an offer for less :).

boboquisp likes this.
  24. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

How does this person on Ebay make any money on these. I mean $3.99 is insane. Did the label make way too many sets and they didn't sell well so the label is selling them to pretty much anyone at dirt cheap prices?

25. boboquisp

Who cares? :laugh:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Josh C, Johnny Reb and Scottb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.