Ryan Adams - Prisoner B-Sides (End Of The World Edition) Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Crush87, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Physical cd release on 20th Anniversary Prisoner Expanded?May be best not to wait.

2. Don't necessarily like this more than Prisoner which is my favourite album of the year so far.However it is pretty great and it would be a real pity if it didn't get the widest possible exposure-a general all format physical release.
    If you are a RA fan at least listen to this on Spotify if nothing else.

NunoBento likes this.
  3. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

He's playing Merriweather tonight. I'd love to know what idiot thought Ryan would fill Merriweather. Plus, it's cold and rainy in Maryland tonight.

4. Minafer

Minafer Forum Resident

5. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

Did you go to the show? He joined Jenny Lewis on stage for one of her songs (they're working on her new record), and both setlist and performance were energetic and high spirited. He even pulled out "Juli" from the b-sides, and told the story behind it - a friend of his lost her father and he went to the small town and was welcomed as family by everyone who lived there, and it moved him to write the song. He then asked everyone, 'what's your favorite song you wanna hear?' and we all yelled 'Juli!' - it was some fun schtick.

He also gave useful advice on wearing double denim (i.e. customs doesn't check your pocket crumbs to see if they're crumbs or mushrooms) and told a tale of writing a letter to Don Dokken asking if they'd open for one of his tours. "It was the best letter I ever wrote; I wish I had a copy of it." Despite the rain, it was a great show - one of the top 5 we've seen from him.

budwhite and fourfeathers like this.
  6. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

I'm so mad I didn't go. A friend of mine who sent me pictures of the show took a pic of the lawn which was completely empty. Was the pavilion entirely full??

7. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

Yeah - pavilion was pretty full. Sometimes when it rains they'll let folks with lawn seats in to fill in any empty seats; under cover it was just cool and damp. It seems every time we go there it rains!

8. S Bindra

S Bindra Well-Known Member

Anyone here order the boxset and get the bonus 7" digitally?
    I just ordered it from PAX AM and the download didn't include Lookout or the Cold.
    Anyone know where I can get these?

9. Amosh

Amosh New Member

Same here - link that came with the PaxAm order was only for MP3s and didn't include the tracks 18 & 19. When I got the box set there was no download card inside. How did anyone else get the other tracks? Should I be complaining to PaxAm about a missing download card. Are they supposed to be lossless?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.