SACD Dealers In Toronto Canada?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Khorn, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

I know of only one dealer in the Toronto area that knows anything at all about SACD. Wanting to purchase a player I called quite a few Audio dealers and was met with responses that ranged from: duh???!! to downright hostile replys such as "It's no good", "It'll never go over, or maybe ten years from now", "We won't invest in another Beta/VHS type of war.

At this point I don't know where to look, somebody please help.

tnx

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

There are two dealers that I know of....

Brack Electronics *may* have some (they have 2 locations, one is on Bayview Ave just below John St., the other is downtown). I'd call first just to make sure, if I were you.

North American Sound (Yonge St., just below 16th Ave.) When I was last there they said that they had a player for $10,000.00 and a cheapie for $8,000.00. I did not catch the brand name because I rapidly lost interest.

Of course any Sony Store can order one for you.... the Sony Store in Markville has a few on the shelf the last time I looked.

If you pop up to Brack Electronics, continue up Bayview to Audio Excellence. They have tubes, etc. but I did not notice if they had SACD players. They also have a small selection of gold discs and audiophile LPs! They are just above Hwy 7, on the East side.

Happy hunting! Let me know if anyone has a "two for the price of one" sale. ;)

PS What dealer do you know of that has SACD?

PPS Sears was supposed to get Sony SACD players last summer. They were given a demo and promised delivery before Christmas. They never arrived.... :(

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Update!

I just visited Audio Excellence. They only have the Pioneer Elite DV-47 but they can special order almost anything. And they know about SACD!

This Pioneer plays DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD, CD, CDR, etc., etc. Cost is $2,800.00 CAD plus taxes.... (of course!) :) Don't think it does 6 channel though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.