"Sausage Party"?..... YES!... "Sausage Party"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

I gotta admit! They pulled it off!
    Of course, the wife and I had a couple of drinks in us before we watched it, BUT.....
    The audience, along with us, were roaring with laughter!
    I'm a little ashamed.... BUT... yes, it was funny!

forthlin, LEONPROFF and ex_mixer like this.
  2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I like most everything Seth Rogen has done. He's crude. He's immature. And he's funny. I'll be seeing this eventually.

3. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I'm dying to see this. I've heard Rogen talking about the idea in interviews for years, and it always sounded like a great idea to me.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

:D

goodiesguy, AidanB, LEONPROFF and 2 others like this.
  5. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

parts of it had surprisingly good graphics and LOL funny at times. thumbs up

LEONPROFF likes this.
  6. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Would have made a good one or two reel short.

Sammy Bagel Jr would have had most of the lines in that short.

7. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Loved it!

8. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Looking forward to seeing it this weekend.

9. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved it.

I didn't realize how crude it was till I looked at my ticket and it had an R rating on it.

10. vince

Sure did have a lot of 'eff-words' in it!
    Someone should do a tally!

11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

12. clashcityrocker

clashcityrocker Forum Resident

Went to this opening night...just felt like going out and having a few laughs with a packed theatre. Saw the trailer a month ago and loved the anarchy of it.
    I'm hit and miss with Rogen but mostly enjoy his comedy. But Sausage Party had me looking at my watch and eeked out a few chuckles. The craziness of the trailer wasn't the main impetus of the film. It might as well be Toy Story and throw in a douche and some Beavis and Butthead stupidity..."hehehe you said weiner dude." It was tough to get through...I did enjoy near the end where it goes into XXX territory ( ya know hot dogs going into buns, fries entering onion rings etc.) The theatre was barely laughing except someone near the front who laughed at everything. So people on the fence I say stay away...throw on Pineapple Express for the 15th time (23rd time maybe?) and get your Rogen-fix. You're welcome.

Rfreeman likes this.
  13. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I'm not planning on going to see this. My mom wants to see it though. But I am not sure about my dad.

14. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Even though the R rating is emphasized on the commercial, I guarantee someone will take the kids. I saw a mom snatch up her little ones and FLEE from a front row seat during the opening scene of Bad Santa. What are people thinking today??

ubiknik and BeatleJWOL like this.
  15. vince

As I said earlier, a little inebriation (liquid or otherwise) goes a long way to making it funny!

forthlin and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Are the audiences mainly a sausage-fest?

17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

They already did. The "Parents Guide" on IMDB claims the movie has 130 uses of "F-bombs"...

LEONPROFF, MikaelaArsenault and vince like this.
  18. vince

Not in Vegas!
    There was one particular elderly lady, in a 'rascal' that cackled like she must've been high!

LEONPROFF, forthlin and Dudley Morris like this.
  19. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

not mine teenage girls were laughing quite a bit

20. DrewHarris

DrewHarris Forum Resident

21. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

My wife and I BOTH love nice plump and juicy wieners, so we'll be sure to check this one out! :righton:

LEONPROFF likes this.
  22. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

I think just to show how much influence Disney has had on animated movies, people tend to think: animation=children. And it's not just the moviegoers, as I saw a trailer for Sausage Party before watching Secret Life of Pets with my daughter. Remarkably, they did manage to make the trailer for all audiences.

23. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Saw it this weekend with the wife...we both got huge kicks out of it.

Gaslight likes this.
  24. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Saw this with my oldest - it was funny and much more of a satire on religion and racism than I had expected.

The end was a good laugh as well!

vince likes this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's way over the top, but I tend to side with critics who say that the plot is much more an indictment of organized religion than it is a bunch of fart jokes. I personally would have rather it had more jokes, but what's there is funny.

There's a gag with the gum character in the wheelchair that's the best thing in the entire film. I won't spoil it except to say that I laughed for about a solid minute in the theater.

They really, really did screw the Canadian CG animators who worked on this film, and the producers should be ashamed of making hundreds of people work this hard without overtime pay. You can't make a movie like this for $19 million -- it just can't be done. Look at it this way: Minions cost $60M, and I think it actually wasn't as complicated a movie to make.

longdist01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.