School of Rock AllStars on tour next week!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris DeVoe, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise) Thread Starter

It will be a day at least before I can start editing. Between the two bands each doing a 90 minute set and the local School of Rock House Band doing a 30 minute set, I have a lot of footage to get ready.

2. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

Looking forward to it!

3. Chris DeVoe

Here's one more from Team 4, doing Bruce Springsteen's Rosalita. They are playing The Wonder Bar in Asbury Park tonight, and I'm pretty sure there is a city ordinance that you need a Springsteen song ready:

4. Chris DeVoe

I wish I had posted this earlier. The SoR kids of Team 1 and 2 are live now on JBTV!

http://www.jbtvmusic.com

They just launched into Somebody to Love.

5. Chris DeVoe

Here's Team 2 of the AllStars with Frank Zappa's Inca Roads. Not crazy about the lead vocal, but the guitarist is amazing:

6. Chris DeVoe

...and Team 1 of the AllStars with Fool In The Rain by Led Zeppelin:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  7. Chris DeVoe

I'm back in Chicago to shoot tonight's show by Team 3 of the AllStars at the House of Blues. There will be opening sets by the the Chicago and Oak Park House Bands, both of which are excellent. They'll be playing:

Chicago opening setlist:

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
    Long As I Can See The Light - CCR
    Good times bad times - LZ
    Hard to Handle - Black Crowes
    Hot Girls in Good Moods - Butch Walker

Oak Park opening set list:

Badlands - Bruce Springsteen
    Dancing Barefoot - Patti Smith
    Bring The Noize - Public Enemy w/ Anthrax
    To Be Young Is to Be Sad Is to Be High - Ryan Adams
    I Want a New Drug - Huey Lewis & the News
    Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
    Back Door Man - The Doors
    Black - Pearl Jam

Please come out. More than 3 hours of music, well played by some incredibly talented kids, for a good cause for $10.

8. Chris DeVoe

Forgot to mention the time of the House of Blues show - 5:30 PM. Early enough that ypu can see this show then see something else after.

9. Chris DeVoe

I hope nobody went down there. The School of Rock web site had the wrong time. Vickie and I got there at 3:30, figuring that we had two hours to set up. Nope, the show had been moved to 2 PM, and the AllStars had already done their first set, and the Chicago Show Team had already played, and the Oak Park House Band was on. So we had to scramble to set up cameras, and managed to catch the second set.

Honestly, it wasn't a particularly challenging set, although those songs might have been in the first set. There were a few standout performances, but until I cut it together, my own sense of disappointment might have colored how I see the show.

10. Chris DeVoe

Working on editing all the shows I've shot over the last week. 3 90 minute sets, plus one 45 minute set, up to seven cameras, roughly a terabyte of material.

Here's a nice one I just uploaded - Team 2 of the AllStars playing Steely Dan's My Old School.

This video features a couple of Forum favorites - Connor Low who played Yours Is No Disgrace with Jon Anderson from the St. Louis School of Rock and Brad Williamson the bassist who played King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man when he was 13.

Seriously people, if you every find yourself despairing about the state of music, or thinking uncharitable thoughts about "kids today"...see a School of Rock show.

11. Chris DeVoe

From Team 4 of the AllStars - Patti Labelle - Going on a Holiday at Wicker Park Fest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.