Sennheiser HD1

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hbbfam, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident Thread Starter

A friend of mine showed me his Sennheiser HD1. Demo'd them on my Ipod Classic. I generally do not use headphones other than Sennheiser Earbuds at the gym. Plugged in to my Ipod and, listening to apple lossless files, I was pretty impressed with them.

Anyone have experience with these. The are not cheap ($340 on Amazon).

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I think these are the same as what Sennheiser previously called the Momentum 2, though I see Amazon has both listed together and the M2 cost $50 more.

I have been using the M2 for a couple of years. Very nice sound, as expected from Sennheiser. I find them comfortable for fairly long listening sessions, but the leather earpads will absorb sweat and develop a nasty odor if you sweat a lot while wearing them.

3. You might find them expensive, brother, but believe me, they are cheap. I don't like them, but hey, if they fit the budget...

4. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

I purchased the Moments a few years ago for the misses and they are ok. But they cant touch my Denon cans which are on a different level all together.

5. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident Thread Starter

Which model

6. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

2 pair of Denon Cans...both for the serious audiophile listener.

The first pair is a discontinued pair that can be had on EBay used or new.....upto around $350. They are the Denon AH-D600. First release about 3 or 4 hears ago they Retailed for around $700. Guys where snatching them up at first release and ditching them a week or so later and retail started dropping and then discontinued.

The problem was audiophiles after a few weeks of run in said these are trash and Denon messed up...after all up to that point Denon cans where sourced out to Fostex to build them according to Denons specs. But Denon did these in house. But the word started spreading the D600 as well as it big brother the D7100 had a very long break in time. By that time many had alread moved on from them or didnt have the patience to run them in. My pair took about what seemed likd about 5 weeks or more and you could hear them changing day by day. Once they run in they are true audiophile gear.

The second pair is also made in house by Denon.....they are the Denon AH-D5200. Break in is no where of the D600, and sound a bit better. You can't go wrong with either. Don't get caught up in the looks of the D600, they look 10 x better in person, and you are getting a very nice sounding pair of cans on the cheap. I've seen them as low as $150 on Ebay.

You may also find the Denon AH-MM400 as well. Have not heard them but cats say they AR also nice. Good luck in whatever direction you go.

Pacmy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.