Shark Tank...anyone watch it?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Shark Tank...anyone watch it?...we enjoy this show. This weeks episode on Friday at 9 PM ABC has Seth MacFarlane...looks interesting!

http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank

2. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Yes, my wife and I watch it every Friday night. It is, by far, my favorite reality show of all time!

The personality mix of the sharks is what makes it interesting, esp. when they turn on each other in a "feeding frenzy."

Kevin is full of himself, but very entertaining, like when he says "I have an emotional attachament to money. I love money, and money loves me." :D

I'm not a big Mark Cuban fan (I like in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex), but I admit, Mark adds some fireworks to the show.

3. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

I like it. Lori Griener is a doll me thinks.

4. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I watch every episode. I think some of the ideas presented to the sharks are quite innovative. Sometimes I will watch and wonder "Why did I not think of that?"

I hope Seth McFarlane gets what he wants this Friday. Poor guy could use a buck!

5. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

I started watching it On Demand last year. I really enjoy it. Are the past seasons available to purchase?

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

A fun show.

7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I don't know but ABC sometimes shows reruns on Sunday afternoons.

8. This is an American version of a Canadian show called "Dragon's Den".

http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/

Shark Tank used to have several of the same cast members but these days Kevin is the only one on both shows. I think I prefer "Dragon" because Kevin steps up the obnoxiousness a little for "Shark".

9. Michael

Amazon has ST available via downloads.
    Did not see any DVDs available.

10. Michael

yes, he is struggling...:laugh:

I hope they rip him up! but, I'm sure they won't...not a fan.

11. Michael

she is a very sweet shark! love the innocent posturing, but watch out! she'll bite your head off when she
    is on a feeding frenzy!:laugh:

12. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I've caught an episode here and there. It's a fun watch when I do see it.

13. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Thanks.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

My wife and I watched several seasons of Dragon's Den, and have watched Shark Tank from the beginning. We really enjoy the entire vibe of the show, and love the follow-up segments where we find out how previous deals are shaping up a year or two later.

I'm planning on picking up a couple of the SpecSecure magnetic holders for my reading glasses - saw them on Shark Tank. :)

15. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Thank you for mentioning that. I'm watching old clips now. Kevin and Robert are in their same chair positions.

16. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

And she's rich!

17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Actually they are all spin offs- the original idea/show was a Japanese production.

18. Michael

yes, I saw that one...one of the luckiest guys! he bought the patent for peanuts and is now making millions! Pity the Poor guy would sold it off so cheap!:eek:

19. Michael

thanks... I did not know that!:thumbsup:

20. Michael

yes, Kevin is the head shark! He tries to very hard to be hard...but, when he gets excited over a product he's like a little kid...there is a human under the mask!:agree:

21. It's a semi-entertaining show, though it seems like the sharks are being pushed to badmouth their fellow sharks more this season.

22. Michael

you bet!...they can get pretty nasty...but, I'm sure it's all in good fun.

23. dbturbo2

dbturbo2 Forum Resident

Family loves it, great show.

24. drmark7

drmark7 Forum Resident

SHARK TANK Brings back an eloquence of old network "game" shows!

I love this show. They have been advertising it as the highest rated show on ABC Friday night! To me, it brings back an eloquence of old network "game" shows like WHAT'S MY LINE, TO TELL THE TRUTH and I'VE GOT A SECRET. Where the panel is dressed up in suits and finery and the dialog is CRISP and INTELLIGENT! Recalling SECRET host GARRY MOORE and panelists BILL CULLEN, BENNETT CERF, BETSY PALMER, KITTY CARLISLE and the irascible HENRY MORGAN from those old gems that USED TO BE rerun on THE GAME SHOW NETWORK. We need more PRIME TIME shows like SHARK TANK!!!

25. Michael

as usual my wife turned me onto this show...I'm hooked. I enjoy the banter between the sharks and some of the inventions are really great! Reality TV at it's best! fresh and beneficial to all involved... the sharks all seem to be decent people...what a feeling it must be knowing that if they accept your offer you will become very wealthy...an American dream for many...:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.