So, how's shopping for vinyl in Singapore ?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by deadcoldfish, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

I met Giri back in January on a business trip to Singapore. He was a very nice guy. I went to browse, but in the end spent about an hour talking about music. I didn't get to look at much. I ended up getting a nice clean Singapore pressing of "Band On The Run" for a good price.

He did mention a frustration that he had with other sellers and jacking up the prices. We also agreed that the mastering on many Japanese pressing is not all that great. He likes to talk with music fans and collectors, not too impressed with flippers. We talked abut the weather, New York, Goldmine and a bunch of other stuff too.

He is also aware of this forum. :)

[​IMG]

deadcoldfish likes this.
  3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

...and the hotel I was staying at was right across the street. There are quite a few sellers in the area, but all of the ones I checked out had high prices. There was one or two others that were recommended by a forum member, but I couldn't check out.

4. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

Tempting! It's only half an hour from the airport. Might have to make a stop over there sometime.

5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.