Software to compare and repair multiple audio files??

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rnranimal, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm looking for software which can do a specific task. Does anyone know if any exists which will compare multiple (3+) aligned digital audio files of the same content and compare each one sample by sample and build a new file only using samples which were matched in at least 2 of the source files?

I'm capturing digital audio from laserdiscs and two of the sides aren't matching when I capture twice and compare. Null tests are showing lots of mismatched samples for the first couple minutes on one disc's side 2 and the other is all throughout side 2. I've confirmed that they aren't always happening in the same spots and could probably build an accurate rip if multiple captures were compared and only matched samples used, but doing that manually for a whole side isn't feasible.

I've tried everything else I could find to try and deal with the problem during playback but I just can't figure out why these 2 sides want to give problems. The discs aren't scratched or warped. No signs of laser rot on playback- picture and sound are fine. Side 1 of each of these discs and two other single sided discs captured perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.