Some "arm levelling" help please.....

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by frimleygreener, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is" Thread Starter

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The only possible "adjuster" I can see is the little cross headed screw on top of the piston housing,and I have no idea what it does:)

Randoms likes this.
  2. Randoms

Randoms Aerie Faerie Nonsense

It is very unusual not to have a grub screw on an arm from a well respected manufacturer, the Jelcos I recall also had one for the arm clip.

I know this isn't a helpful comment, but, no wonder you are stuck!

Maybe try something along the lines as @Drewan77 suggested, it would be easy to test first before attaching. If you get really lucky, the self- adhesive rubber pads may put the rest at the perfect height, and are easily trimmed.

3. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

We can't see what we need to see from the top. Any set screw for height adjustment will be on the side of the cuing platform, just as there is one or two on the side of the arm pillar collar for raising that.
    -Bill

4. I think Bill is right. Have you tried as Bill suggests?

5. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

That may not be the "exact" same arm. It looks a lot like it, but if he has an OEM arm, AR may have cheaped-out and bought one with a non-adjustable cue. Hard to say without seeing the same side view of his arm.
    -Bill

6. Randoms

Randoms Aerie Faerie Nonsense

On Bill's photo the armrest / cue web looks different, and you can't see the slight protrusion of the grub screw on frimleygreeners picture. As @frimleygreener amusingly put it, after 35 years he may have not noticed a grub screw, but in reality, the arm really doesn't appear to have any method of adjusting the cueing device.

7. frimleygreener

M y thoughts indeed....thanks all for the valuable input!

Randoms likes this.
  8. frimleygreener

[​IMG]
    M y arm is different to the one Bill kindly posted.

9. bugger; i was hoping we were getting somewhere

10. frimleygreener

I am minded that in a desire to get the arm tube exactly parallel I overlooked the key issue: getting the top surface of the headshell and therefore the underside of the cartridge body parallel, and in doing so perhaps lowered the arm on the pivot too much: a glance at the cartridge when engaged with the record playing surface suggests a very minimal clearance, more marked than before....still, whenever did a vinyl addict need an excuse for further tinkering:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.