Some cancelled tv shows 2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shokhead, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. balzac

balzac Senior Member

2. They probably meant over its run. Clearly someone who has no idea about what the numbers were like pre-Internet or even pre-cable then again as I looked through the page, it's whack- a-doodle stuff.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'd bailed before the end of S.3, and only ran into the characters again on the Bones crossover (genius move, Fox - nothing adds to the crediblity of your one remaining "science-y show", than injecting the rejuvinated spectre of a literary figure into your storyline...). And, like most of the Bones episodes after Year 2...wasted.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Fox is now saying that they are shopping Last Man Standing to other networks to try to keep it going...

But the series, which was ABC’s second most-watched comedy last season behind “Modern Family,” may not be dead. Asked whether “Last Man Standing” would be shopped to other networks, Kurtzman said, “We’re starting to explore that. If it’s not going to go forward at ABC, of course Jonnie and I are hopeful that we can find another home for it.”

‘Last Man Standing’: 20th Century Fox TV Will Seek New Home for Tim Allen Comedy (EXCLUSIVE)

5. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I was surprised to see The Great Indoors sitcom cancelled. I know it wasn't especially good, but I'd always assumed it was a hit for some reason!

6. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the overly loud laugh track in the promo commercials was sign of it not doing well....they do that thinking they will generate interest, because, you know, those are real people laughing that hard at the stupidity of the lines.

7. Complier

Complier Senior Member

Does anyone know if "The Exorcist" is returning?

8. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

Man o man, a lot of cancellations now a days, I'm wondering if reality tv has taken over? I miss the old days, where you get honest to goodness tv shows, less b-s more entertainment. Some reality tv is ok, but after a while it gets old........

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

It's dirt cheap to create reality tv content.

Innovated and great TV is being made away from the networks.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Probably because there has never been more content being produced than now. This year will have 500+ scripted original series and 71 Netflix originals!

I doubt it, at least I wouldn't know as I never watch any of them. I never feel desperate for content.

Honestly, there is sooo much excellent content being produced these days that there aren't enough hours in the week to keep up, and I don't tolerate crap. I'm amazed that anyone can lament the dearth of quality programs to watch.

Standoffish likes this.
  11. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

Two Broke Girls is still on?

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

No it was cancelled.

13. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I work with someone who votes for the Emmy's so he receives quite a lot of screeners. Some are full seasons but some **cough** major networks **cough** only send you a selection of shows for each program. There are so many shows that I've never heard of. I don't know how anyone could possibly keep up with everything. There's no way Emmy voters have seen everything nominated in each category.

14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I enjoyed the few eps I did catch. It was alright. I was surprised to see Stephen Fry though. But yeah I can see why it was cancelled.

15. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

My views skew liberal and I liked Last Man Standing (I actually started watching it on Netflix as an antidote to 13 Reasons Why). I like three camera sitcoms anyway so it wasn't much of a stretch. They tried to balance out Allen's conservative views with basically the entire rest of the cast, but they made the most liberal character, Ryan, seem like a cartoon version of a perennially triggered far left hippie. This show had kind of an unrehearsed quality to it, like not every line is hammered home as is the case with most sitcoms. Nancy Travis is just such a likable actress. And Molly Ephraim (Mandy) is a cutie.
    BTW for fans of the CW's No Tomorrow (all 5 of us), the CW website has a prologue tacked on to the last episode that wraps up the story. Not all serialized shows are lucky enough to get this treatment after premature cancellation, so that was interesting.

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yes, surprisingly, it's been renewed. I didn't hate the show, didn't love it, but it had some moments.

I have some good friends who make a decent living working on reality shows, but they aren't proud of it. It's kind of an "eh... it's a living" kind of thing. One of them got insulted when I commented that he worked on reality shows, and he corrected me by saying, "no, I shoot historical recreation shows for the Discovery Channel and the History Channel! A reality show would be like The Kardashians and Real Housewives all that crap!"

I have to say, the best shows on television seem to be on Amazon, Netflix, FX, and AMC these days. I watch quite a few of those shows; American Gods and Legion have been pretty stunning shows. Same with House of Cards and Better Call Saul. And these shows go far, far beyond what could be done on the traditional networks.

17. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I feared Fear :TWD wouldn't last.
    On to season 4 now.
    For all you zombie freak fans.

18. Bobby Morrow

Does The Middle still do well? I'm from the UK and only recently discovered the show meaning I had 8 seasons to catch up on! Some very clever writing, though I've noticed it slip a little during the current season. Good show, but not one people talk about much.

19. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

the middle was renewed. I have a feeling the next season will be its last.

20. Bobby Morrow

Whether it's because I watched the entire run in a couple of weeks, but I felt the show has tapered off a little. Still funny, but repeating itself a lot. Modern Family is the same. Still very funny occasionally, but those actors have played every aspect of their characters to death.

21. Matthew Tate

modern family was renewed for 2 more seasons and I think that will also end the shows run

22. Bobby Morrow

I still like Modern Family and will miss it when it finishes. Still, it feels laboured now and the reasons for all the kids still being at home feel forced.

23. Bobby Morrow

What are the current biggest comedy shows in the States, BTW? I wonder if they're shown here.

24. Matthew Tate

current?

big bang theory
    last man standing
    modern family
    the middle
    kevin can wait
    mom
    man with a plan
    2 broke girls

unless someone has more info those appear to be the highest rated comedies on tv. the big bang theory is the highest rated

25. Bobby Morrow

I think most of those are shown here. Man With A Plan doesn't ring a bell. Kevin Can Wait has just started.

Oddly, Big Bang Theory is another one I've never watched!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.