Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lonson, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I agree. Some great acting too.

2. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

I've got a new appreciation for Jimmy Smits's acting. Nice performance.

3. ghostdwg

ghostdwg Senior Member

The scene with Jax and Juice has to rate as one of the best in the entire series-terrific stuff from Charlie and Theo.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  4. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I'm with you guys, as far as the acting being probably the best that there has ever been on the show. The last scene especially between Nero and Jax was superbly done. It's almost as if they crammed the first part of the season with as much killing and violence as they could, so that in the last couple of episodes they didn't have to have so much of that, and more of, you know, really good acting with little action.

5. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues Thread Starter

I'll agree this episode was much better and gives me hope for two more.

bababooey likes this.
  6. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

So you guys liked the Smokey & the Bandit car chase with police cars getting smashed up?

7. Yeah, I don't think so. There will be tragic consequences for Jax's actions and Gemma's. This will be one of those "MacBeth" moments...

mmars982 likes this.
  8. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I liked the jazz music they played! It was pretty different for this show; usually, it would be somebody doing a bad cover of a famous song.

9. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

I've been a big fan since the first season, and I think that the last episode was right up there with some of the best. Jimmy Smits has been my favorite actor on the show since he joined, and he was great this week as always. The scene where he got the call from Jax, but you couldn't hear what was being said... Man that was good stuff. Really well written and acted.

I also think that Theo Rossi had his best episode to this point. His character Juice has always been kind of an afterthought, but man he stepped up big time for this episode.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  10. Actually it was perfect. Sort of Bullit with a Jazz score.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  11. And this great episode was directed by Peter Weller. He did a fantastic job. Yes I agree once if the best ever. Well thought out, written and acted.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  12. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Part of me is "I can't believe the cat is out of the bag, and still 2 episodes to go?" and part of me is "How the heck does Kurt Sutter come up with fantastic twists like this, this late in the run of a show?"

13. Lonson

I guess you guys liked it more than I did.

That's the beauty of this show F_C, the way that Sutter works the story arc throughout the series and comes up with twists and unexpected solutions in the final episodes.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the end.

14. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Two who have pleasantly surprised me are Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love. Manson does creepy and demented really well and Courtney plays against type as a sweet, caring schoolteacher. She cleans up well.

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

OMFG

hernan-r, mmars982 and Mohojo like this.
  16. Indeed!

Scope J likes this.
  17. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Kinda more sad about one death over the other in the same location, but that's how it was gonna have to end considering the circumstances.

I wonder if 'The Shield' connection fans have speculated about for years with 'Sons', finally came true last night? (just because the character had another name, doesn't mean it's not the same person under an alias years later).

18. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

But we know The Shield exists as a show in the Sons world-- We saw Juice watching it once! (As a result, this is the second time we've seen the actor in question on the show.)

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  19. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Glad to see my girl Wendy FINALLY get some "attention!" I was waiting for someone to shoot Jax in the back at the end...

20. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I won't spoil it but I think I know how it is going to end.

21. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Anyone know what the rule Jax mentioned to the council was--the one he wants changed in exchange for making the vote go a certain way? I didn't catch that detail, but maybe I missed something? Respond under "spoiler" cover if that's a spoiler.

L.

22. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

He just shoots Wayne ,and both of them don't say a word or move a inch ,like he was a stranger or one of the many thugs he kills ,very strange scene I wonder how many people he shot just in this season alone

23. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Well, one thing is clear. Jax has wades so far in blood that he's not coming back.

L.

24. Lonson

To me it just gets more and more absurd, I'll be glad when it's over next week.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  25. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

I'm somewhat surprised at the predictability of the final episodes. Kurt Sutter's writer's block?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.