Speaker designer Arnie Nudell (Infinity, Genesis) has passed away.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Pinknik, Nov 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member Thread Starter

Rest In Peace.

From a Facebook post:

From Bill Leebens at PS Audio - Arnold Nudell, 1937-2017

Boulder, CO 11/21/2017: It is with heavy heart I am writing about the end of an era. My friend, mentor, inspiration and former business partner, Arnie Nudell, has passed away from complications of pneumonia. The family laid him to rest on Monday, November 20, 2017.

Arnie could truly be said to be one of the founders of high-end audio, along with Bill Johnson, Harry Pearson, and a small handful of other influential figures. When Arnie, John Ulrick, and Cary Christie started Infinity Systems in 1968, there was no other company in audio that pushed the state of the art the way they did. They cleared the path for the rest of us to follow.

A website is currently under construction. www.arnienudell.com will memorialize his accomplishments as well as provide a platform for friends and devotees of Infinity to post their remembrances as well as someday provide information on the work of this audio legend.

Arnie Nudell will be missed.

---Paul McGowan

2. Crawlin From The Wreckage

Crawlin From The Wreckage Custom Titled

Sad to hear. However, I'm proud to call one of his last Infinity designs my own before he moved to Genesis. RIP Mr. Nudell.

[​IMG]

Pinknik, StimpyWan, Manimal and 2 others like this.
  3. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Loved your speakers in my old Buick. RIP.

4. sturgus

sturgus Forum Resident

RIP and thank you for commitment to our hobby.

5. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I had a set of IRS Betas for years. I met Mr. Nudell when I auditioned them. RIP.

6. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Rest well knowing you gave many, many people hours and hours of audio bliss :)

7. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Thank for fueling my speaker lust with one set of dream speakers after another, and pushing the envelop with speaker research.

The Land of Audiophilia should have a moment of silence.

RIP

RIP: Audio Legend Arnie Nudell

8. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

My friend Bill had some in his old Buick. They were very nice.

Bill likes this.
  9. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

We're all indebted to his genius. RIP

10. StimpyWan

StimpyWan Forum Resident

I met Arnie Nudell once. It was in 2004, and I was at my first CES. So, of course, I was seeing and hearing gear, that I had only read about, to that point. One of the rooms that I was eager to visit, was the Genesis Tech suite. After I finally found it, I walked in, and was immediately engulfed in a beautiful surround presentation. Warm, relaxed, detailed, and holographic. Very impressive. Well, after standing and listening for a few more minutes, I see this quiet little man standing off to one side of the room. When I made eye contact, he smiled and asked if I had any questions. As soon as he spoke, I realized it was Arnie, and I immediately went tonged-tied, and couldn't speak. I just kind of nodded and smiled too, and backed from the room. I felt like a fool, but I was ecstatic! I had met Arnie Nudell. An audio god. An Icon! That brief meeting was the highlight of the trip to me.

Arnie will be greatly missed! R.I.P.

Ben Sinise and F1nut like this.
  11. Ron Scubadiver

Ron Scubadiver Forum Resident

He was 80. I bet he had a lot of fun along the way. RIP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.