Speakers for Electrocompaniet NEMO amps?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by antonkk, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

They are, but some listeners don't like the networked cables. The Sasha W/P demo at the CA Show was a long audition for me. I listened to a huge range of recordings that Peter McGrath demo'd, and I thought the whole setup was fantastic, with tremendous dynamics. No complaints at all.

2. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member Thread Starter

Well, I guess it's between 801 and 800 for me now! And while I understand that 800 Diamond must be a more advanced and sophisticated speaker which is more room friendly not to mention gorgeous I stilll lust for that ultimate Hi End Vinnie the Pooh 801D!:sigh:

3. Metralla

Good that you are getting close.

4. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

My friend have you listened to the 801Ds?? If yes Pls tell us your experience :)

5. antonkk

Not this time but I loved 'em the last time I heard them in 2009. I was auditioning the wonderful Vienna Music speakers who looked like a million bucks and played like a fairytale. The look and the sound was beautiful and than the dealer plugged in the fat funny looking 801's and the sound was simply RIGHT. I didn't like the price then and I was afraid that they would be too big for my room (plus I couldn't afford the amps to drive them at the time) so I got the 802D then. Now I have the amps too bad the room is still the same (and the price that the dealer in St. Petersrburg asks is even higher than their retail when they were in production - $18000 plus he doesn't have spikes).

6. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Without reading the posts Anton, I'd of course suggest some electrostat's, Quad's or the best....Martin Logan's...That Nemo is a gem of an amp, get's down and dirty:righton: , just about anything from Norway (land of A-Ha) needs a voice to sing to, get some 'stat's PRONTO :cheers:

7. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

I see, and I would agree with you. I stayed a while over @ CES myself, lol.

8. motorcitydave

Cool deal. I bet you'll be happy with either one.

9. antonkk

I definetely want 801d more than 800Diamond. The problem is to find it in black colour which I want. The St.Petersburg dealer has it in cherry and I want it in black. Guess if I don't find one any time soon I'll go for 800 Diamond but I know where my heart really lies!

[​IMG]

10. motorcitydave

I see. Well, maybe it would be better to wait, eh?

11. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

That´s really difficult. I love them in Rosenut finish, but I agree they work better with dark finishes.

BTW tell us your experience at the dealer you listened to them. I am very curious to know that :)

12. antonkk

I'm rather confused today. I'm about to pay for 800 Diamonds the day after tomorrow but today I finally heard great sounding Tannoys. They were Kingdom 12, driven by Moon integrated and I was really, really impressed. The sound wasn't as fast and neutral as it can be but it was rich, warm, punchy and the bass was tremendous. The modern melal stuff like Judas Priest Nostradamus was rather slow and muddy but everything else played extremely well - from The Eagles and Steely Dan to Sabbath and Purple. I can now trade in my JBL 250 Ti for Tannoys plus $3000 or get the new 800 Diamonds for $25 000 and still have to sell the JBLs. The question is would Tannoys be a good match with NEMO's which are made for much less efficient speakers. I don't think anyone ever paired NEMOs with Tannoy!

13. motorcitydave

Hmm...good question. Can you take your amps to the dealer and hook them up?

14. antonkk

No, the speakers are at the apartment of the guy who sells 'em (and can trade for my 250 Ti) and it's way to heavy.

15. motorcitydave

Ok, well, I guess have another listen then.

16. Metralla

I heard the new Tannoy Kingdoms at Munich a couple of years ago. They sounded big and fabulous, but I am not sure I'd favour them over the 800 Diamonds.

17. motorcitydave

Cool. :cool:

18. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

hey wait a minute would you leave back the mighty Priest for the Tannoy?? Just kidding my friend, I love Priest and metal and probably the Tannoy wouldnt be my choice. How can you say about the 800di? Do they play everything fine to your ears, especially metal???

19. antonkk

I'm yet to pick up 800. The JBLs sound so good (on rock especially) I can't force myself yet. If only I had 2 big rooms for 2 systems...:rolleyes:

20. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

May I know if this vid belongs to you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDHvvQjNF0 If yes just send me the track (or a link to dl in lossless) as I´ve liked the sound since I´ve heard for the first time months ago, but wasnt able to find the track to test on my setup :)

21. motorcitydave

Just get the goddamn speakers!

22. antonkk

Yes, sir! They on their way, sir!:D

23. motorcitydave

lol just kidding. Take as much time as you need. You don't wanna get stuck with something that sucks, and lose money selling on the used market.

24. antonkk

Well, hopefully B&W 800 Diamond is not something that sucks (2 years into production and I'm yet to see many on the used market!). There will be a battle of titans between JBL 250 Ti and B&W 800 Diamond in da house pretty soon and while I love both speakers this is not the case when you're able to move the loser to the bedroom system!:D So, to quote the Highlander movie THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

25. pabrognara

pabrognara New Member

Well cant wait for your final thoughts. I havent read anything about your auditions to the 800 diamond. From what you heard you must have loved them. I wanna hear your impressions coz I ever been interested on a full review specially with many types of songs, genres. Hope you can write how the 800diamonds performs each genre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.