Special thanks to Humorem and Jeff Partyka...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Beagle, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beagle

Beagle Senior Member Thread Starter

...for suggesting a Benz cartridge and providing info.

I picked up an MC20EII and it's breaking in now, 20 hours on it.

No more hum, sibilants mistracking, or dancing a jig on the opening track. Clean, clear, open, transparent mid and top, solid bass line. Dead silent, pretty much. I'm very happy. Thanks guys!

Have a question though. The mounting bracket snaps off of the cartridge body for easier mounting. But separate pieces must affect the sound. Would there be any sonic benefits gained by Krazy Gluing the bracket to the cartridge and making it "one piece"?

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Some people would argue that Krazy Glue & two unglued parts= 3 parts glued together and not "like one". A lot of carts are "single" piece like Regas.

But don't let this bother you. Enjoy the music. You've got a cart you can fall in love with!

3. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

You're welcome! Nice choice ... That was my first decent cartridge, and it played a large part in my return to analog enjoyment a few years back.

I'm not sure I can answer the mounting-bracket question, though. I don't know if I ever saw mine ... Mine was installed on my table by the dealer who sold it to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.