SPIRIT "The Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus", the beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by shokhead, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubiousraves

dubiousraves New Member

Randy California's real name was Randy Wolfe, and he played bass (I think) in Jimi Hendrix's group before the Experience, Jimmy James and the Blue Flames. They used to play at the Cafe Wha? in Greenwich Village in 1966.

2. 12 Dreams is easily my favorite release from the band. I always thought it would be a perfect candidate for 5.1 or SACD. I love albums that feel complete and shift the listener through varying moods. I always play it from top to bottom.

chickendinna likes this.
  3. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I have two copies of it and it's mastered by Kevin Grey (has "KG@CA" in the deadwax). One version was pressed by (I think) United and is somewhat noisy. I waited and bought the second version, which was pressed by QRP and sounds much better. I would assume any stock left was pressed by QRP.

4. Sidewinder43

Sidewinder43 Forum Resident

I always thought they splintered because the album wasn't a huge success.

5. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

I always kept on the lookout for the MFSL disc of 12 Dreams but could never bag one. I really enjoy my reissue black/blue label Epic vinyl copy. There's a certain "snap" to Mark Andes bass sound I only hear on the vinyl. I only have the remastered CD from the 90s to compare to (with the bonus tracks).
    I'm currently enjoying the Audio Fidelity sacd of The Family That Plays Together. Great to hear the original mix with the right crossfades between tracks. Awesome! I have Clear on pre-0rder - ought to bag the first one before it disappears.
    Nice to see so many Spirit threads getting bumped lately..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.