Stand-Out Songs You Just Discovered

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by A Saucerful of Scarlets, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Saucerful of Scarlets

A Saucerful of Scarlets Commenter Turned Viewer Thread Starter

Any genre, any year. What's a song you just discovered that you've been wondering where it has been your whole life? You Tube link not necessary, but would be nice.

I just discovered 'Put Your Head on My Shoulder' by Paul Anka originally released in 1959. What an incredible song. Beautiful melody, lyrics and vocals.

hugh . g. likes this.
  2. A Saucerful of Scarlets

I also found 'Angel Baby' by Rosie and the Originals originally released in 1960. Love the instrumentation and the pure innocence of it. Never have I cried at a song in my whole life, and last night that's exactly what I did. I can't stop listening to these two songs. They're just beautiful. Does anyone know where I can find more like this? Rosie & the Originals - Angel Baby

hugh . g. likes this.
  3. A Saucerful of Scarlets

Also, a very different song to the ones mentioned above, 'We're Gonna Have a Good Time' by Marc Jackson Burrows originally release in I believe 2017 is a sort of reggae song that as far as I know is only available to be bought for use in your media, not made as an actual song. I think. Cool song, even if I don't like the production much. Marc Jackson Burrows - We're Gonna Have A Good Time (Official Audio)

4. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Rehab - Amy Winehouse

I don't listen to much 'current music', but her Back to Black album (cut by RJ @ STERLING, iirc) sounds phenomenal, and no chance of anyone accusing of chasing trends now (not that I care)...but it's a damn fine R&B album.

Little girl had some pipes.

5. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Easy, as I was listening to it as I saw this post . I discovered this gem of a song (and album) just a few months ago when I discovered the CD at a thrift store. And I've been a serious music listener for over 40 years ! Where the heck was I?

The Kinks - The Village Green Preservation Society

6. A Saucerful of Scarlets

Don't worry, my dad has been too, and he just really discovered the band despite having 'Something Else' about half a year ago and is now easily one of his favourite bands. He loves everything they've done. Hope he never views my signature.

Remurmur likes this.
  7. blaken123

blaken123 Your Greater Tri-County CD Superstore

Angel Fingers from Wizzard! Hardcore sax shoegaze glam rock!

8. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Slade: 'Summer Song (Wishing You Were Here)' - In Flame.
    Just great.
    (Runner-up: Love: 'Robert Montgomery' - Four Sail).

9. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

The B-side of the original 45 is another thing of beauty.

10. Another Steve

Another Steve Senior Member

Fenton Robinson performing his own "Somebody Loan Me A Dime". Boz Scaggs' extended, thirteen minute version with Duane Allman has been a favorite for years.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  11. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Welcome to Amy-land! Rent the movie if you can find it. It is absolutely heartbreaking, her talent was like a beacon, then it dimmed.
    After your heart has been broken by the end, check out the bonus features for a solo acoustic performance when she was cresting. It floored me.

12. John54

John54 Senior Member

I'm listening to some of the newly posted tracks in the Obscure '60s Songs You Love to Share With People thread, and I've discovered Looking in Windows by John Summers and Easy Street by Eddie Howell already tonight. A few days ago it was Splendor in the Grass by the Boys (who are really girls).

13. Safeway 1

Safeway 1 "mad, bad, and dangerous to know"

Been a Hiatt fan for 25 years and somehow this one slipped through the cracks. Heard it on the Clapton/B.B. set first many years ago.
    Check out John's scream at the end. Classic.

14. A Saucerful of Scarlets

I just heard ‘Today’ by Jefferson Airplane. Was already a big fan of White Rabbit and Somebody To Love also on the same album. After hearing this amazing song psych song it’s now a must that I listen to this album in full.

15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I was a little late to that party too. Fantastic album on vinyl. The funny thing is that it isn't loved here on the forum for it's sound quality, though vinyl wasn't coming back strong yet when it was released so maybe most are referring to the digital versions. Her live dvd is also very good. She had an amazing band and they are very entertaining to watch, especially her loyal backup singers that have amazing Motown like choreography. Anyway, totally agree with your comment! Her last album, some of which should have been the followup, is well recorded and there is enough good material that her producer finished that it's worth buying. And I second the poster above who recommended the movie....it's a must see for any Amy fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.