Star Trek and Quentin Tarantino

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Queen says 'no' to F-bombs and boobs in Trek!"- John Lennon.

Ghostworld likes this.
  2. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Not quite. I think Tarantino could throw enough sensible twists into the original story to make it enjoyable for longtime fans and not feel like a full on retread.

Vidiot likes this.
  3. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Samuel L. Jackson in drag as Lt. Uhura

enro99, sunspot42 and Spaghettiows like this.
  4. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

from The AV Club:

supermd and sunspot42 like this.
  5. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

EXCLUSIVE part of the working script has been obtained:

Kirk: Look, I've banged green b!=ch3s . I don't have a problem with green b!=ch3s. So don't treat me like a star-(n-word). Do I look like a star-(n-word) to you?

Bones: God d4mn1t Jim... you know I'm not a f**king sociologist. I'm a f**king medical f**king physician. I just know you've contracted the f**king worst case of nebula herpes I've ever seen.

Spock: Gentlemen, although this conversation is quite stimulating we need to address the fact that after the Captain's pillage on the planet of green women he teleported while intoxicated and ran into a teleporter from the future. Another captain. Picard. And there was exchange of molecules so much so that Picard is now showing signs of growing a full head of hair while conversely Kirk will be losing his.

Bones: I thought he was just f**king dying from the nebula herpes. Are you saying they've traded DNA?!?

Spock: Yes. And unless we go to the future to kidnap Picard and take him into our past before the drunk teleportation accident, Kirk will become a gay bald French man with an English accent.

6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Patrick Stewart has weighed in.

Tarantino's STAR TREK: Patrick Stewart Might Reprise Jean-Luc Picard Role if Tarantino Directs

Looks like Captain Picard wants to join the latest QT venture into space.

Patrick Stewart has added his approval of Quentin Tarantino as director of a "Star Trek" film. The 77-year-old actor expressed his interest with working with the writer-director as a chance to return to the "Star Trek" universe. He says a "Star Trek" movie directed by QT would be "gripping" and that his "sense of humor" would be much welcomed by fans.

"People are always saying to me, 'Will you be Jean-Luc Picard again?' And I cannot think that would be possible, but there are ways in which something like that might come about," the iconic actor told The Hollywood Reporter, speaking from the sidelines of the Dubai International Film Festival, where he received an honorary award.

"But one of my dreams is to work with Tarantino. I admire his work so much, and to be in a Tarantino film would give me so much satisfaction. So, if he is going to direct something to do with Star Trek and there was the possibility of dear old Jean-Luc showing up again and doing that for Mr Tarantino, I would embrace it."

Stewart said one thing was sure about a Tarantino-directed Star Trek installment: it would be gripping.

"The one thing that characterizes all of his movies is that frame by frame, it always challenges, always demands your attention, always demands a very kind of open and generous response to what he does," he said. "I also love his sense of humor as a filmmaker. So yes, he would be my first choice."

Latest News: Tarantino's STAR TREK: Patrick Stewart Might Reprise Jean-Luc Picard Role if Tarantino Directs

supermd, IronWaffle and sunspot42 like this.
  7. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

The "worlds" that Tarantino has already explored are stranger than anything I ever saw from Star Trek.

SandAndGlass, Pete Puma and sunspot42 like this.
  8. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I just thought of a killer, Tarantino-like twist to "The City On The Edge Of Forever" that would completely reframe the story and also make for one hell of a movie.

SandAndGlass and Encuentro like this.
  9. Encuentro

Let's hear it.

10. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Kirk fails at letting Edith Keeler die. He lets McCoy save her from the traffic accident. Now what?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. Encuentro

Humanity is screwed.

12. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Or, there's where the twist comes in, where this story is different from the original.

Think about what the three main characters - or Keeler - might have to do now. There are several options, some of them a "happy/sad" ending, some, er, not so happy.

Encuentro likes this.
  13. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Kirk: You're Romulans, huh? You know, I read a lot. Especially about history. I find that stuff fascinating. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not: Romulans were spawned by Mugatus. They did so much (******) with Romulan women that they changed the whole bloodline forever. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, Romulans still carry that mugatu gene. Your ancestors are Mugatus. And your great-great-great-great grandmother (*****) a Mugatu, and she had a half-Mugatu kid. Now if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you…you're part Tribble.

14. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I felt the same way. Either I lowered my expectations sufficiently, and/or had some good wine that night, and/or the 2nd film's hideousness made the 3rd one seem palatable by comparison.

15. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

The first time I saw an interview w/ him several years ago, I was shocked. This person has successfully directed several multi-million dollar movies?

16. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

There was a comedian I can't remember the name who had a routine of doing a complete disjointed disconnected conversation that went nowhere - this interview kinda reminded me of that routine.

17. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

18. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Into Darkness really pissed me off. Some of the ideas behind it weren't all that bad, but the way the film handled them was so hamfisted. Cumberblotch was all wrong for the role, as Tarantino points out in his interview - it was distracting. The Wrath Of Khan retread was unnecessary. Peter Weller's character was too obvious. And way too much ridiculous technology and devices: mega transporters, superweapon ships, magic blood. It came off like something written by a 12 year old, like bad fanfic.

19. Encuentro

I like Cumberbatch, but the film would have been much better if his character had remained Jon Harrison, a rogue federation officer. There was so much focus on the Khan aspect of the film that many overlooked the post-9/11 theme.

enro99, sunspot42 and Higlander like this.
  20. Higlander

Higlander Well-Known Member

Really like "Beyond", but they jumped the shark with the motorbike and Beastie Boys music.

sunspot42 likes this.
  21. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

:agree:

Encuentro likes this.
  22. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

To Conquer new worlds take no prisoners ..

23. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Interesting idea..

Encuentro likes this.
  24. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Great news

Encuentro likes this.
  25. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I'm going to be honest, I would probably watch that, just for the WTFAF did I just watch factor

sunspot42 and dkmonroe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.