Star Trek: Voyager- Best Episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by greelywinger, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

"Tuvix" was a really disturbing episode, the ultimate horror of which really snuck up on you.

andybeau, Solaris and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I re-watched the series finale last night for the first time since it aired, and I have to revise my previous comments where I called it lame. While I still think the very ending, meaning the last few scenes, was rushed and unsatisfying, on the whole I liked the story and found it an interesting way to tie up the story. Downside: some of the old-age make up was distractingly bad, specifically on Harry Kim.

And I must have missed something, but how did Voyager get inside the Borg cube? Were they tractor beamed in with the intention of assimilation? That seems a dubious plot point, part of what I found unsatisfying.

Matthew Tate and sunspot42 like this.
  3. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

My girlfriend and I decided to watch Voyager again from the beginning since we'd been jumping around the 5th and 6th season the last couple of months. The first season was pretty strong, and the second season started well enough, but we've hit a patch of bad-to-laughable episodes around the middle of season two that I didn't remember at all.

All time champion is "Threshold," which starts strongly and gradually declines, in the final fifteen minutes entering truly insane territory with Paris and Janeway turning into space salamanders and mating (!) before the Doctor magically realigns their DNA and returns them to normal. Just wow.

4. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

"Threshold" is the stupidest Trek episode ever, by a wide margin. Makes "Spock's Brain" look like "Yesterday's Enterprise".

Matthew Tate, Scopitone and Solaris like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.