Star Wars: Episode VIII (The Last Jedi) - SPOILERS POSSIBLE*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MLutthans, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

2. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

3. Jason Manley

All good! I thought I was losing my mind...

4. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

I don't think Billie looks all that much like her mother, honestly. But if they wait a few years, Millie Bobby Brown (from Stranger Things) would make an ideal fit. (In fact, if they ever wanted to do a "young Leia" movie, showing her teenage rebellious years on Alderaan, Millie would be perfect for that.)

enro99, Bowie Fett, mpayan and 2 others like this.
  5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

There was some kind of monitor set up in the throne room that showed what was happening outside. She looked at it just after they defeated the guards and implored Kylo to put a stop to it.

6. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Earlier than that. Snoke forced her to look at it when he was tossing her around, too.

Encuentro likes this.
  7. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I saw it again today, 3rd time and I think I'm done. Lol

My feelings have changed since my 1st showing. I really enjoyed this movie even with its shortcomings. I also finally found the Soundtrack on CD at Target today still on sale was only 3 left.

bferr1 likes this.
  8. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ill probably go see it again also.

I admit it, I missed Luke. Call me nostalgic.

enro99 and Song4U like this.
  9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Well, Im just not sure Id want to see Mark in that role. Even though he looks pretty healthy in TLJ. But if he kept in shape they might could pull it off. Kind of a cool idea actually.

10. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

I've got two more screenings, one tomorrow in (real) IMAX, and a final one the following week at the Cinerama. That might be enough for me.

11. auralden

auralden Forum Resident

Watched it once on opening night and have been mulling over it ever since. Will watch it again but there are inconsistencies in character arcs and plotlines that taint the movie. TFA played it overly safe, TLJ went overboard in shaking things up. Don't the filmmakers know it's all about Balance? Anyways, check out this FB site - Save The Last Jedi, from poor storytelling - click here.

enro99 likes this.
  12. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I wonder how much footage not used will make it to the blu ray disc? Maybe an alternate ending? How about a Princess Leia Collectors disc with extra footage?

13. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I liked how they added that into the script...it's a new generation and with it comes updated technology...sound familiar?

14. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

This is the first Star Wars movie without a proper lightsaber duel. We have Rey and Kylo going up against the guards, none of whom hold lightsabers, and we have Kylo going up against the teleported image of Luke. That "duel" lasts mere seconds, and there is no contact.

Stratoblaster and ianuaditis like this.
  15. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

16. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

17. Jason Manley

That has to be knockoff. Everybody knows Kenner went out of business in 2000. And The Last Jedi font is red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I suspect there was a lot of "glamor" filtering going on. I was kind of surprised they made no effort to make Mark Hamill look any better -- he had some very rough close-ups in this film.

enro99 likes this.
  19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Then again, Deadline:Hollywood says this:
    Currently, Disney’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi looks to be 23% higher than Rogue One over its four-day Christmas Day spread a year ago. Estimates:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (DIS), 4,232 theaters / $28.3M Fri (73%)/3-day cume: $83.6M (-62%)/4-day: $118M/Total:$414.4M/ Wk 2

Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is coming in much higher than we originally saw with an estimated $7.55M while Disney’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi continued to soak up most of the day’s business with $17.9M and a running cume of $296.6M, 24% behind Force Awakens at the same point in its play period and 34% ahead of last year’s Rogue One.

‘Last Jedi’ $118M, ‘Jumanji’ $53M+, ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ $31M+, ‘Greatest Showman’ $15M+: Christmas Day Stretch B.O. – Friday

Variety says:
    Disney-Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” is heading for a stellar $110 million at 4,232 North American sites over the four-day Christmas weekend, early estimates showed on Friday... “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” should wind up with at least $400 million by the end of Monday at the domestic box office after making $296 million in its first week. Its projected 11-day total is 28% behind the all-time leader, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” which earned $571 million in its first 11 days, and 21% ahead of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”

Box Office: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Casts Shadow Over Holiday Newcomers

I interpret this as to say, "Last Jedi may not make as much money as The Force Awakens, but it'll do better than Rogue One." Since the former made 2 billion dollars and the latter made 1 billion, I'd say Disney is doing OK financially.

David Campbell and bferr1 like this.
  20. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I think he looked overall pretty good for the part at hand, loner on a island he wants to die on....but there was 1 scene when he was training Rey that they panned and took a side view of him and it did not look like him at all, looked really bad like his skin was all rough and bumpy. I said to myself that looks like a stand in...then they panned back to his other side and it looked just like him. It was weird.

21. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Living it rough on an island for decades....

22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I saw The Last Jedi 3D tonight, it was enjoyable.

23. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

It's another thing to signal that the 'old days' are gone. They've gotten rid of Han, they've gotten rid of Luke; hell, they even blew up Anakin's darn lazer sword. This isn't your-er, our-Star Wars anymore.

24. Jason Manley

"Broom kid" all grown up and on the ice for the Edmonton Oilers.

[​IMG]

25. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

The force is strong with this one.

Jason Manley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.