Steve Marriott died just 26 years ago.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan2, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Nah, the last word I would associate with Steve Marriott is `fey`, which brings immediately to mind someone who is `soft` but if you care to look at the meaning of the word `fey` in depth many of the meanings can apply to Steve Marriott. I doubt if @seed_drill had these meanings in mind.

I totally agree with @sixelsix and revise my initial description of Steve Marriott who was probably one of the finest Rock Singers this Planet has produced.

2. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

This show is currently touring in the UK, I`m going with friends to see the show in Blackpool on May 15th `17. I`m looking forward to it, I don`t know much about the ``tribute band` at the centre of the show but reports say it`s good. The only Small Faces `tribute band` I`ve seen are `The Small Fakers` and I can recommend them without hesitation, fecking brill!

[​IMG]

Friday 8 September 2017 7:30pm – Sunday 10 September 2017 7:30pm
    Liverpool Philharmonic Hall

All or Nothing: The Mod Musical

The Small Faces encapsulated all that is Mod, a unique blend of taste and testosterone, neat, clothes-obsessed and street wise. But these cult sophisticates shared another passion, their dedication to Rhythm ‘n’ Blues.

This ‘Mod’ Musical is a sensational musical experience celebrating the unique sound of the iconic Mod band, The Small Faces.

Alan2 and andybeau like this.
  3. Bullis

Bullis Forum Resident

Humble Pie!!!

ModernDayWarrior likes this.
  4. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I agree. They should be inducted absolutely.

5. Bullis

Bullis Forum Resident

I don't understand how a band like this overlooked all the time. One of the best live albums of all time in my opinion

6. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

It's so interesting how Peter Frampton is part of the best 2 live albums to ever be made. I know some don't like Frampton Comes Alive but I do and always have....along with Rockin' The Fillmore. ....but it's too bad someone didn't kick Frampton in the bee hind to stay for one more Pie album. I'm sure it would have been sensational and a game changer if he had.

Bullis likes this.
  7. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Stevie was terrific. I love his work with Ronnie Lane in the Small Faces and the some of the Frampton-era Humble Pie recordings.
    Such a shame that he didn't adapt to the shifting music scene in the late 70s and beyond.

Alan2 likes this.
  8. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

Small Face.. i still nothing about this 'Humble Pie' other than peter frampton was in it. No hit songs, nothin. And I grew up in the 70s and 80s

Man at C&A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.