Strangest/Obscure songs played at weddings

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cubby, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalem5467

dalem5467 Forum Resident

2. lids3qy

lids3qy Forum Resident

A friend of mine had a 60s cover band at her reception and one of the songs they played was this one. Marriage lasted about 14 years I think.

3. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Iron Butterfly-Flowers and Beads, Love-Andmoreagain

4. John54

John54 Senior Member

That's an excellent song for a wedding!

5. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I play weddings with one of my bands and one of the couples picked the Stones' "Beast of Burden" for their entrance song!

Just attended a wedding where the guy played nothing but Glenn Miller and Doo-Wop the whole night. Dance floor was barren. He finally got onto "You Shook Me All Night Long" around coffee time, then "What I Like About You". I guess he tried to segue back into 50's by spinning ELO's "Rock and Roll Is King", but BOY did that backfire. People ran off the dancefloor and never returned. This guy was the most awful DJ I had seen/heard in years.

Dan

6. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

Went to a reception years ago where Eagles "Lyin' Eyes" was the bride's dance. My friend and I just scratched our heads and decided not to make bets on how long that marriage was gonna last. I believe it didn't.

My wedding reception was almost all Beatles (band and solo) from mix tapes I had made. I slipped in the audio from a Taco Bell advert ("uno, dos, tres, quatro, Cinco del Mayo") just to see if anyone was paying attention or would react. Never a comment from anyone.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  7. John54

John54 Senior Member

Pluto Shervington, Your Honour

8. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I remember towards the end of the meal portion of the reception the deejay played "Smooth Operator" to start things off -- what?

Actually he did a great job. Yes we had "Shout" with my father and I in full Animal House mode and the Chicken Damce for the kids but overall it was a nice mix.

The best reaction was to the mother-son dance "Child of Mine" by Carole King which seemed to be similtaneously familiar and a deep cut.

My favorite moment came when they played McCartney's Beautiful Night. The song has a false ending and then an uptempo finale...so while everyone slow danced to a pretty McCartney ballad, they were all surprised when Ringo came out of nowhere to close things out and people enjoyed letting loose. Someone afterward said "I've never heard that Beatle song before..."

BeSteVenn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.