Streaming Advice needed

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ashulman, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashulman

ashulman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Vinyl guy here who wants a streaming hi res solution to explore stuff I can't find immediately on vinyl. I can't make head or tales out of all the options. Ideally I'd like a high quality, affordable solution to be able to sit on my butt and from my phone, pick music from a streaming service (Tidal seems the way to go) and play it over my main system (amp has only rca inputs). My modem is in another room but I could possibly connect ethernet through basement if that is way to go. Stuff like dragonfly seems to connect to pc, which is fine but that is stuck in back of room due to home theater needs (projector, hdmi) and I can't control remotely. Cheapest solution that maintains Tidal lossless is best for me.

2. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Assuming that you are wanting a PC free solution then these are two suggestions:

If you own an Oppo 103 or 105, streaming Tidal is built-in. If not, I've been really pleased with the little Denon Heos links that I purchased. You can stream all sorts of different ways with one (or more) of these extremely versatile units. And if you want to use a better DAC, you can just plug it in to the output of your link.

3. saturnsf

saturnsf Forum Resident

Tidal user here and quite happy with it.

4. POE_UK

POE_UK Forum Resident

Get a SONY HAP-s1 will be the best thing you ever bought

nightstand68 likes this.
  5. ashulman

what device are you using

6. ashulman

hmm, though dont need an amp

7. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

Why not get a Denon Heos link? They can stream all sorts of stuff, including Tidal. The user interface is completely on your smartphone or tablet PC.

8. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

All you need is a Google Chromecast Audio. $30. It will connect to your RCA jacks with the correct cord or adapter. The music apps should all be able to cast to the Chromecast now, so there's your sit on your butt with your phone component. It connects via Wi-Fi.

RONENRAY and Ignominious like this.
  9. ashulman

This looks like an option as it plays hires. I have Sonos in other rooms now but their connect does just cd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.