Stylus Cleaners?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ronflugelguy, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

Has anyone tried this new cleaner? I can't remember the name, but its some gook that you lower your stylus into and it supposedly lasts for a very long time before you have to replace it.

2. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

There are two such products I'm aware of: the slightly expensive Zerodust (around $69), and a similar, cheaper product made by Extreme Phono (around $25 or $30).

I've been using the latter for a few months now, and wholeheartedly recommend it. It's a cinch to use and leaves my stylus sparkling clean. My bottle of Record Research LP#9 fluid and its accompanying brushes now sit on the shelf as a backup. Enjoythemusic.com did a review of the Extreme Phono product if you're interested.

3. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The Stanton stylus cleaner and record cleaners work great and are cheap too.

4. cunningham

cunningham Forum Resident

i use the Zerodust and like it. Just be careful to keep the movement of the needle into the goo vertical, no side movement.

5. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

I tried the Zerodust, too! I love it. If ya stay with the liquid and brush method, run away from any stylus-cleaning fluid containing oils. It'll cause oil to deposit on the cantilever and then creep up into the cartridge, where dust will collect and impair the mobility of moving parts...whether it be magnets or coils. Bad stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.