Suggestions for Cables between Playback Designs MPS-5 and Allnic L-3000 Mk 2 Preamp

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by timztunz, Nov 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timztunz

timztunz Audioista Thread Starter

There's no telling what kind of bee's nest this is going to stir up, but I'm looking for serious opinions so I'll ask anyway. But please, let's dispense with all of the "cables don't matter" posts because obviously I think they do. I understand that some people feel differently and that's ok. I won't do or say one thing to try and make them think otherwise, and I'd appreciate the same.

So.....I will have a balanced connection between an Allnic L-3000 Mk 2 preamp and Plinius SA-Reference. I will be connecting a Playback Designs MPS-5 Reference SACD/CD player to the Allnic and that's the cabling I would like your opinions on? Balanced or Single Ended? Brand of model of your recommendation? Some information why?

To help frame this a little better I would need the cable about 1 meter in length, less is not enough and more than 1.5m is overkill. I will definitely consider used and budget is $1k-$2k in the used market. Some of the cables I've been considering are:
    XLR - Acoustic Zen Absolute Silver
    XLR - Shunyata Aurora
    XLR - Tara Labs The One
    XLR - Tara Labs The 2
    Single Ended - High Fidelity Cables CT-1E Enhanced Series
    Single Ended - High Fidelity Cables CT-1U Ultimate Series
    I'm running SE High Fidelity Cables in my analog rig and are extremely impressed by them.

Thoughts anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.