Sundazed & Quality Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wvbkelley, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

People who already bought copies of the new quality records pressings, does the sticker says it was pressed there or just the general details that were mentioned before?, a photo of the sticker will be greatly appreciated.

2. bluesfan

bluesfan Forum Resident

I didn't like the NRP / URP Sundazed vinyl I bought last year. So the change to QRP is good news.

3. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

A sticker picture please?

4. wvbkelley

wvbkelley Forum Resident Thread Starter

Here's the REMASTERED SUNDAZED STICKER

You'll find the sticker on the back of the new remastered Sundazed LPs from Kevin Gray/Quality Records

Attached Files:

5. Peter K

Peter K Forum Resident

Don't know how many copies of these albums I can justify!!!

6. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Thank you :righton:

7. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

Wish they'd do Songs of Leonard Cohen in mono and Cheap Thrills by Big Brother & Holding Company in mono.

8. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

And the Blood Sweat & Tears debut album in mono, if a tape exists.

9. celtic1

celtic1 New Member

I notice on Music Direct the last 4 digits of the LP number are the same but the letters are different. But they are Sundazed and state they are from the Master tapes. Not sure if they are the same?

10. fini

fini Forum Resident

Rarer still would be this classic in mono:
    [​IMG]

bogdan101 likes this.
  11. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I guess this is good news.. but I already purchased the vinyl in question (S+G, and Dylan) on Sundazed when originally released; I sure as heck aren't going to buy them again even if they are newly cut and pressed.

I guess we are back to the old days of vinyl, where multiple cuttings/pressings of the same title on the same label will now be sought after by collectors.

The madness has to stop!! :)

12. gmku

gmku Active Member

I like Sundazed generally, and yes, I think they did a fine job with their Dylan mono reissues from a few years ago.

13. UncleHalsey

UncleHalsey Forum Resident

I have both the Sundazed Dylan's already, but will spring for Blonde on Blonde.

As an aside, I love being surprised by unknowingly purchasing KG mastered vinyls. I pulled out Tegan & Sara's "The Con" the other day, and realized it was 180g and had KG in the deadwax. Aaaaaaaah yes.

FashionBoy likes this.
  14. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

I will re-buy some Sundazed pressings I wasn't that impressed with before. IMO, this is a very smart move by Bob Irwin.

15. wvbkelley

The S&G LPs are much better remastered by Kevin Gray and with the Quality Record pressing. I had the older versions to compare.

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

So, I thought the original mix tapes were trashed. Are these remixes? Weren't those digital?

17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I think they did remixes for the 90's S&G cd box set. Since then I'm sure Bob Irwin discovered the original stereo tapes in the vaults marked 'not for use'.

18. wvbkelley

Steve: Your Buddy Kevin G. should have the answers.

I noticed his mark in the deadwax of these new remastered S&G Sundazed re-pressings from the folks at QRP.

19. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I wonder if all the new Sundazed/Quality Records Pressings are new KG cuttings? I notice some Stevie Ray Vaughn, Iggy Pop (Raw Power), Link Wray, Jefferson Airplane.. and a few others are now pressed at Quality Records Pressings with the new Sundazed catalog number that seems to mirror the Simon and Garfunkel issues mentioned in this thread.

All these titles can be view on the Acoustic Sounds website under New Arrivals - a few pages in or so - or by searching their website for Sundazed and looking at each title for the Quality Records Pressing symbol.

20. gmku

gmku Active Member

I've got the Sundazed pressing of Texas Flood. Ultra quiet!

21. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

Actually, Sundazed released Highway 61 Revisited in May 2001 and Blonde On Blonde in October 2002. Time flies!

22. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Feels like yesterday when those Dylan mono titles came out from Sundazed. Yup, over 10 years ago!

23. Zanth

Zanth Senior Member

WOW! I love that album and have it from their box set. I will have to check it out this evening to see if KG's work was used all around.

24. wvbkelley

13 Total Sundazed LPs pressed at Quality Records

There's actually 13 new Sundazed LPs pressed at the QRP in Kansas. Not sure how many were remastered by Kevin Gray. Hopefully they will have a second batch of titles in the near future.

I'm guessing at this point only Acoustic Sounds website is the only site that has the new pressing since the plant is at their location. They only started selling the LPs late last week.

25. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Thanks for the tip! Even though I just bought the Sundazed "Bridge Over Troubled Water" I just ordered it again at Acoustic Sounds along with "Bookends" to get the Kevin Gray/Quality pressing.

I love the BOTW LP, and although the Classic 45 seems to be the LP version of choice, it's hundreds of dollars now, so out of my range.

The Sundazed I just bought sounded excellent to me - even better than my 360 label original, so I have high hopes for this new one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.