Survivor Cambodia: Season 31

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Weak physical players do stick around longer than they should. But, there are always instances
    where a player will be voted out for disrupting the "harmony" of the tribe. Abi hasn't had one
    her of tantrums in awhile. I don't know how long that will last.

2. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I never have agreed with that dumb as a rock strategy of keeping people around cause their a weak link or it would be more advantageous sitting with them at the final. Dumb, dumb & dumber. Vote their behind OFF right away, no one wants to watch someone on tv that couldn't survive alone in their own backyard without match's & shelter. It irritates the hell outta me that the men just don't get it!

Eric B. likes this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

hence, fishback should go very quickly..........but.....he won't.

4. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Historic blind side last night. Also, it looks like a three-person final tribal with, if I'm counting right, 10 jury members. Unless, they change up something else on us.....

5. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Don't they have a odd number jury so there are no ties?

applebonkerz likes this.
  6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I was thinking this maybe means a return to a final two.

I don't know about this blindside being historic. It was made possible only by the stupidity of the majority. It should have simply resulted in Sierra or Abi being ousted with 4 votes. Still would have been a good move by Kelly saving herself, but its not like they eliminated Savage through some skillful move or deception.

Scotian likes this.
  7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Savage at Ponderosa. Not just chilly but ice cold.

8. John54

John54 Senior Member

Fishbach is the new Cochran?

9. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

That depends if there is a final three or a final two. Even with an odd number of jury members, you can still have a tie with a final three (such as a 4-4-1 vote).

Wayne Hubbard likes this.
  10. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I'm hoping they do away with the Final 3. When there are only 2 people left, there are better and tougher, if not emotional, questions of the F2.

applebonkerz likes this.
  11. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Getting back to Savage and the saga of the men. WHY would you target Wentworth in the first place? I mean out of ALL the girls there and if your going to keep ONE of them around, she should be the one. Strongest woman in the game and eye candy to boot. I just don't get what goes through their minds in deciding she should be the one targeted for eviction. Serria and Abi still playing? UnF***ing believable!

"Fishbach is the new Cochran?"

Worse. At least Cochran has a spine. Fishbach is a snake in the grass. Spineless. Joe knows and needs to get him out asap.

12. agentalbert

Gosh, I don't think he's that good. Cochrane (his second time on) was a very good player and even won a few challenges.

Because she's the most athletic of the three and seems decently smart.I understand why if they had to get one, they would go for her. Abi and Sierra make enemies. Kelly doesn't really seem to, so she could win if she made it to the end.

13. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

The problem with a final two is that the strongest remaining player will usually try to bring a weak (or unlikable) player to the final tribal, so sometimes the vote isn't very close at all. With a final three, there is a greater chance that votes will go to more than one player. (Having said that, there have also been total sweeps even in final three situations.)

I think it's further evidence that people try to drag poor or unlikable players to the end, with the strategy that they will get very few (if any) votes. I think this has become more frequent in later seasons as there seems to be less overall hardship for survival. (You certainly don't see the dramatic weight loss in the contestants that you saw in the early seasons.) With the provided rice and beans and reward challenges, people are getting fed more frequently than they were in the earlier seasons, so there is less reason to keep around the strong players who were also providers for the tribe. As long as you play well enough to win some rewards, you can survive with relatively weak players in your alliance.

Tree of Life likes this.
  14. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

That had to be a Survivor episode record....3 middle fingers in the air. :yikes:

John54 and Tree of Life like this.
  15. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Interview with Savage. The lack of vote-splitting makes more sense I guess

3. Why didn’t the group consider splitting the votes just in case someone had an Idol?
    "It's a complicated answer, so bear with me. Splitting the votes is a risky move because, if a couple of folks get it wrong and the folks that are targeted throw a couple votes in the right direction, it can derail the whole thing—and the wrong person goes home. It takes a couple of hours to strategize and lock that down.

We honestly didn't know Idols were in play. Wentworth and Jeremy had Idols, but didn't tell anyone. We scoured the island looking for Idols and clues but no one found anything.

The other thought was that Ciera Eastin probably thinks that she's going home. Wentworth would have no clue because Ciera got just less than half the votes at the prior Tribal. So why don't we load up Wentworth and she'll never suspect it. Right?

Joe Anglim and I wanted Stephen Fishbach out. Tasha Fox and Jeremy said let's go with Wentworth—she's the only one at the bottom that has a chance at winning Immunity. She's a threat, and we'll deal with Fishbach in a few days.

We weren't gonna split the votes because, honestly, we didn't think Idols were in play. What a mistake, huh?"

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/p...-the-votes-just-in-case-someone-had-an-idol-/

Tree of Life likes this.
  16. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

True. But you side with that. You convince her that if it comes down to the girls, she would be the first to go cause she would destroy them in the immunity challenges, especially if it required any type of physical exertion. Abi & Serria couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag if you started a tear in it for them.

"I think it's further evidence that people try to drag poor or unlikable players to the end, with the strategy that they will get very few (if any) votes. I think this has become more frequent in later seasons as there seems to be less overall hardship for survival. (You certainly don't see the dramatic weight loss in the contestants that you saw in the early seasons.) With the provided rice and beans and reward challenges, people are getting fed more frequently than they were in the earlier seasons, so there is less reason to keep around the strong players who were also providers for the tribe. As long as you play well enough to win some rewards, you can survive with relatively weak players in your alliance."

Yes I agree. Survivor placates weaker players and punish's the good ones. Brings me back to the point I made about changing up the format. Start the game with everyone separated the first 2 weeks. Give them minimal rice & beans, make them build their own fire, own shelter, only getting together for reward & immunity challenges. Out of this group that started at the beginning, how many would have lasted?

applebonkerz likes this.
  17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i keep waiting for 'celebrity survivor"

18. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

NOOOOOOOOO! It's bad enough with this all star crap, fan vote BS.

I'd rather see new people each time. These clowns had their chance already.

19. Eric B.

Eric B. Active Member

I was impressed to see somebody PLAY the idol at EXACTLY the right time. I have seen people get voted out with 2 idols unplayed in their pockets, or not even use them at the last chance you can use it. I was impressed.

Tree of Life likes this.
  20. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I don't understand what these people are thinking, or why they aren't thinking. Fishbach jumps down to get an advantage in the game, and no one even suggests that he should now be a prime person to target. Unbelievable. :sigh: :shake:

rburly likes this.
  21. rburly

I wonder if they really know he's the one behind the people who were voted off because of him. We know Spencer and Jeremy know, but they're right there with him.

22. rburly

23. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

big move by Fishbach, and Jeremy too because if he doesn't get Jeremy to play along I don't think they get enough votes. i think this puts Joe, Tasha, Keith and Spencer on defense now. how bout Wentworth wiggling out of elimination again. she's living under a lucky star and is probably good to go for a while.

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

joe is showing invincibility in challenges, but as soon as he loses he is gone..........

fishback is overthinking.....

jeremy is in the drivers seat, but so was james the gravvedigger who went home with 2 idols........

wentworth will be around for a awhile..........

abi is still there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

25. agentalbert

Though she didn't win, Abi has done pretty well the last few challenges. Abi will be around awhile.

xdawg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.