Survivor season 29: San Juan del Sur, Blood vs. Water # 2 (probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John54, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

:laughup::agree: seen it comin' & serves him right

2. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Drew continues the trend of players getting axed that DO NOT have a clue about how to play Survivor. Honestly, I'm having a hard time seeing which ones DO know what they are doing out there. If I pretend it's Season One, then I guess it works out. :rolleyes:

gotityet0 likes this.
  3. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Drew, ...I got nothin'

4. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i was a little surprised by the vote off last night. i thought Baylor would be the one to go. maybe they thought Kelly (and Dale) were more of a threat? but Missy and Baylor seem like they would flip in an instant so..i don't know, tough choice.

xdawg likes this.
  5. xdawg

Oddly enough, Keith turned out to be the swing vote. It looks like the only couple that paid him any attention was Missy/Baylor.

6. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

This has been the strangest and most silliest seasons yet.:crazy:

xdawg likes this.
  7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the tribe with 2 couples is in trouble if they don't win some immunities.....they will vote off the 2 singles and then when there are 4 left..who will go? could prove to be really interesting.......but this all has to happen before the merge.

8. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

They will soon be left with no food too, since they decided to keep the mom/daughter couple that has been cooking the double-helpings on both teams, instead of the dad/daughter who were warning them to keep it conservative.

I miss the early years where they weren't given all that food from the beginning and actually had to survive. They are all a bunch of whining spoiled weekend campers now that need everything handed to them or they go into a panic that they are going to starve to death. How about actually be a "survivor" instead of someone that constantly needs to be taken care of by others. Pathetic. :sigh:

gotityet0 and rburly like this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Agreed. They should be fishing for food and getting fruit to eat.

10. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Jeff said the rice will come at a high price....to me that high price should be nothing less than someone being voted off the game. If it's as bad as they say it is....then food provides life and life for food. I remember Survivor in Australia (I think it was there) that the contestants were literally starving themselves because they had no food but they didn't complain to Jeff, it was Survivor. It's like Jeff said some of the people on that tribe that are now saying they need more food are the ones that ate the extra helpings and benefited from the challenges.

The previews showing Jeff carrying in the bag of rice is pathetic. If Jeff does not say, the trade here is I give you a bag of rice and you vote someone off this island right here right now, let's vote and that person voted out walks back to the boat with Jeff. If it's any other way....I'll have doubts that this is really a show about being a sole Survivor.

rburly likes this.
  11. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I don't think they should have to vote someone off for the extra rice, it should be something much, much more painful for them -- like taking away every other luxury thing they might have left in camp. No more flint, no more machete, no more bowl to cook the rice in, no tarp etc if they have any of that stuff (can't remember now who has what at camp). That would be hilarious-- you can have another bag of rice, but you won't have anything to cook it in, or any easy way to make your fire when the rains put it out. :laugh:

There are some sticks over there-- go sharpen one and spear a fish or something. Go watch what all the monkeys swinging around are eating and maybe try some of that yourselves. These people don't even deserve to be on the show, even though it has become a pale carcass of what the show, and contestants used to be.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    xdawg likes this.
  12. xdawg

During the broadcast of the LSU/Ole Miss game Saturday night, the camera scanned the crowd and there was Keith! I reversed and paused the DVR to make sure and there was no doubt. He had a good seat and was wearing a purple & gold fireman's hat to boot.

13. xdawg

Yes! Yes! Yes! That was possibly the most boring episode of Survivor ever! I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'll keep watching - hoping for better. :shh:

14. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

sooooo happy to see it rain.:goodie: can't believe what they gave up for rice.:crazy: they call them selves survivors.:whistle: keeping missy & baylor is gonna end up bitin' the boyfriend/girlfriend in the butt:evil:

GlamorProfession likes this.
  15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It was a very boring episode. It has to get better soon. :)

Yeah, I didn't understand keeping Missy and Baylor. I don't know if they think the merge is next week or what, but they're going to start losing loved ones quickly too. I wouldn't trust Missy or Baylor across the street.

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the merge is next week!

things will get very interesting.

whole new dynamic.

alliances will form, and fail, left and right.

17. GlamorProfession

John John John...got cocky while they were in the lead at the end of the immunity challenge and then blew it :shrug:. they just can't seem to win a thing.

while Julie was whining all night through the rain i couldn't help wonder what it was like on exile island. they never show their sleeping quarters there.

18. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Natalie seems to be adjusting her game to come across as more likable. I didn't care for those women on Amazing Race, don't like 'em here. But Natalie does seem to be learning from past mistakes. Any time her mouth is shut, that's a good thing... for us and for her.

19. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I can't say I've been impressed by anybody on the show this year. Hopefully that
    will change with the start of the individual challenges. It does seem the producers
    have gone away from casting the show with real "survivor types" and focused more
    on contestants who can bring drama. That can be a reaction to the mindset of the
    players, to want to get out the strong players who they deem will be a threat first.

I do like Keith and am glad he didn't get voted out with a idol in his pocket. Like
    so many in the past.

20. GlamorProfession

i thought the rice hogs got off easy only having to give up comfort items. they shouldn't have even been offered new rice in my opinion. is there no food to be found on the island?

21. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I saw Keith cooking a crab on a stick in the last episode. There are random shots
    of the contestants eating things besides rice. Coconuts and mangoes are the most
    common.

22. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

This was the worst episode ever....these are not survivors they are barters. They got a full bag of rice to last them the entire season? Then they got steak and chicken later....wow sounds like a vacation on a tropical island. This was not a stiff penalty....it should have been 1/2 bag of rice with the notice that this will not get you to the end of the game but will help and in turn take all there items that Jeff still took. So I give you some help and you give me all your luxury. I just saw this as not an even trade.

23. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I was seriously thinking that Jeff might make them vote someone off to get the rice. No such luck......

xdawg likes this.
  24. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

what a whinny @%? cry baby & a thief to boot. again this has got to be the strangest and most silliest seasons yet.:crazy:
    way to go Keith winning the challenge

rburly likes this.
  25. GlamorProfession

i really hate it when people quit on this show. last night's episode was a complete waste of time because of Julie. Jeff used to really shame a person if they quit. now it's like...ok...whatever. and then there was no tribal council. aaargh! that's the primary reason for watching - to see someone voted off. hopefully no one else wimps out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.