Survivor season 29: San Juan del Sur, Blood vs. Water # 2 (probable spoilers)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John54, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm not sure it would have been a good move to get rid of Jon then. That would have been too early to blow up her alliance, in my opinion. Had she done that, she very likely would already be gone as Reed and the group loyal to him would still be there and in the majority. I think she mad a good move there, keeping her alliance in control and winning Jon's trust, but she may have messed up on exploiting that trust with this last move. I think she outwitted herself in deciding it made sense to keep Keith around over Alec. Alec is the kind of guy you want to end up sitting next to at the end.

2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i think that exact thinking is going help john stay around.

everyone is going to want to sit with him at the end because no one is going to vote for him, or to a little lesser degree, jacci, to win.

3. agentalbert

I don't think that's true at all. He'll certainly be able to make a case at having been decent in challenges. And he has been seen as a leader/threat, as other players have targeted him a few times. So while they may sound bitter at the jury questioning, I think he'd get a lot of votes. I'd be surprised if the players thought he was someone they would WANT to sit next to at the end. It's hard to tell what they think for sure with the way the show can be edited, but since Reed wanted to eliminate him and Natalie and Baylor want to eliminate him, I think that shows that they think he has a good case to be made.

4. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

After tonight, I tend to agree with you - at least about her earlier moves. We'll see how this turns out. I'm definitely rooting for either Keith or Natalie now.

5. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

SPOILER: Don't read***

Finally Nat's plan worked....did Jon and his girlfriend think "everyone wants us" would last forever? Now Jon will have to live with the thought of "why didn't I play my idol" that will play on his mind forever. They forgot the outwit and outlast, loyalty is great and needed in the game but sometimes in this game you have to outwit even your most loyal members to stay in the game. Nat knows this, Jon and his girlfriend got too comfortable.

I thought Missy had a head injury from last weeks promo but it turns out she encountered a different injury. The first time I have seen someone all fixed up by medic and put back into the game. Interesting to see how she will make it like this.

6. John54

John54 Senior Member Thread Starter

There's only a few days left, so Missy will probably be okay through that.

If Jon plays his idol, Jackie goes home instead of him.

I'm still fine with anyone winning except Keith.

7. agentalbert

Jon has presumably given his idol to Jaclyn. Remember the plan with them and the first idol was that it wouldn't be played, and whoever between them got voted out, the other would keep the idol. So I'm assuming Jaclyn has one now.

I'm glad Natalie's plan worked.

8. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I wonder how that's going to play out? Will they stay away from any athletic (running, swimming, etc.) comps to allow Missy to compete without using her foot? Isn't there usually a endurance comp as the last competiton for the final?

9. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut

:pineapple:Jon's gone, Missy still is:crazy: Good for Baylor sticking with Natalie:uhhuh: Jaclyn next:p

10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i thought john said at the end that went home with an idol in his pocket.

11. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i'm assuming that is the case which would put Jon in esteemed company :p.

that's a tough injury for Missy. that challenge was fraught with danger with a high potential for injury.

so how do you guys handicap the remaining field?

based on game play i think Natalie is the frontrunner to win it all. she's outwitted better than anyone up to now.

Missy doesn't come across as very likeable and she doesn't have much of a leg to stand on for game play. i don't see the injury getting her enough sympathy votes to win.

Jaclyn is a vision of lovely but this isn't a beauty pageant and she has gotten this far simply riding coattails. i don't see her all of a sudden finding enough game to pull off the win.

Spittin Keith is a bit of a dufus but i think he has a shot. he doesn't have much a game as far as strategy goes but if Natalie doesn't make the final 3, i believe he has a jury that will look favorably on him.

Baylor has just been lucky in my opinion. but if Natalie doesn't make the final 3, i think it's between her and Spittin Keith.

gotityet0 likes this.
  12. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Line of the year, and perhaps in Survivor history, by Keith's "Miss USA":

"Did Alec vote for himself?"

There should be an FCC investigation if Natalie doesn't win this.....

agentalbert, xdawg and gotityet0 like this.
  13. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Have they ever let a injured player sit out on a challenge before?

rburly likes this.
  14. GlamorProfession

indeed, i chuckled

15. GlamorProfession

people have sat out a challenge for food before but i can't recall someone sitting out because of an injury.

16. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

It's only a beauty pageant for me at this point, so I want Jaclyn to win. :love:

17. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

Just my opinion. But, if you can't compete in a challenge, you should be pulled from the competition.
    At the least, she should of been told she had to get on the platform and wait till the challenge started
    to step down.

gotityet0 and rjp like this.
  18. agentalbert

What good would that bit of ceremony have been? Were you also upset when Jeff ended a reward challenge early last week ( or the week before) as all the players remaining were in an alliance and going to just decide who to let win? I don't see how the integrity of the process was at all compromised by either situation.

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

my scenario:

keith wins immunity first and jacci goes first next wednesday.

keith wins immunity again and baylor and missy team up and vote natalie off. (option: keith and natalie vote missy and missy and baylor vote natalie, forcing a tiebreaker with fire)

final 3:

keith, baylor and missy.

winner: keith! stunning!

20. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I'm betting they do that stacking a house of cards challenge in the final again to give Missy a chance, if she's still in it.

21. beep

beep Senior Member

Remember Nat has an idol

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

did john give his idol to jacci?

23. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

No. He said in his vote-out interview at the end he wished he had played it -- meaning he still had it with him.
    I wonder why he didn't slip it to her on the way out though, or even just hand it over to her outright. With this few people left, they can't play them much longer anyway, so what if the others now know she had one.

24. beep

beep Senior Member

OK last night tonight so here's my predictions.

Natalie wins it all. She's played the best game and still has an idol. So who does she take to the final 3?

Jacqi makes it to the final 3. Who's gonna vote for her but Jon. She is hot but you have 2 gay guys on the jury. She's perfect to take along.

Keith goes to the jury. I think he's way smarter than his redneck act shows. I think he's played a really good game and I think he's a threat in the final 3, so he's gotta go. The fact that Natalie saved him several times gets her his vote. The others will have no problem voting him out.

It comes down to Missy and Baylor. Bye bye Missy. She too is a threat and I think Baylor can be convinced to vote against her with the "She'll just split votes with you"argument. Baylor has ridden her Mom's and Natalies coattails, hasn't been a really strong player so she gets her Mom's vote and that's about it.

25. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Nicely done. I think Natalie does win with a Natalie/Jaclyn/Missy final 3. So is there only one tribal tonight, or are there 2? I can never remember how it shakes out even after watching all these years. If there are 2, the smart thing for everyone to do is blindside Natalie at the next tribal before she has a final chance to play her idol. That's the only way any of the others has a shot at winning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.