T. Rex - Electric Warrior - Kevin Gray AAA Vinyl Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GentleSenator, Oct 26, 2017.

1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Careful though....it’s called Roundmedia UK but dispatched from Ontario in Canada. The seller above is cheaper, All Your Music and they have a way of bypassing customs.

5-String likes this.
  2. rodstone

rodstone Forum Resident

Clearly people are liking this reissue. At Rockaway Records here in LA yesterday there were 3 very clean copies of the Reprise original in the T Rex section. No way that happens but for this reissue. And there were no copies of any of their other major records. I guess it is good for collectors who want the original that people are trading them in now.

ODShowtime and GentleSenator like this.
  3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I just don’t get that. I have several nice originals that I’ve snatched up over the years. I bought this reissue and I really love it. I still like having originals on hand. They’re not making any more of those.

ODShowtime, Wuther and longdist01 like this.
  4. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

The seller is responsible for VAT when they sell on Amazon UK marketplace; they have to state the price that will be paid by a UK resident, regardless of where they're selling from.

5. culabula

culabula Unread author.

But it isn’t a question of VAT; it’s a question of import taxes or duties.

6. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

Same story; the seller is the importer, not you, and so they are responsible for all taxes, duties, fees and VAT.

7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Then it’s very, very, cheap at 18 quid and change.

8. billy1

billy1 Forum Resident

I couldn't find this without searching the sellers sites. Hopefully it's the correct version (already had one lost by the courier)

9. culabula

culabula Unread author.

It’s very straightforward. Just locate the version at 24 pounds on Amazon, check for the Reprise logo on the sleeve and the October 2017 date. Then click on the price which will lead you to all the various sellers offering it.

Here’s the link : Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: Electric Warrior [VINYL]

And here’s where I bought mine on eBay.

T.Rex - Electric Warrior (Rocktober 2017 Exclusive) [Vinyl New] 81227932992 | eBay

MRT likes this.
  10. billy1

billy1 Forum Resident

Yeah, I did find and order it, just couldn't find it in a normal search in CD & vinyl. Now just watch my lost first order turn up with a hefty import duty charge:laugh:

11. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Let’s hope not.

12. dbsea

dbsea Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    MRT and GentleSenator like this.
  13. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Playing mine now cranked, killer sound. :righton::agree:

skisdlimit, scotti and polchik like this.
  14. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Thanks to the feedback on this thread, I just got my copy over the holidays and holy crap does this baby sound fantastic, kicks my original in every way, now bring on The Slider and Tanx!!!

15. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Yes, definitive versions like this of Slider & Tanx will make my life complete ;):uhhuh:

stenway and Electric Sydney like this.
  16. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Kept my original as well. Occasionally I will let them go, usually to someone who really likes the album, and would not bother to search for an original.

17. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Seems that Electric Warrior sold well. Perhaps they will try Slider and Tanx also. Kevin Gray did a fine job. Never heard this album better.

18. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Got my copy for Christmas.

Love it!

19. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Finally got my copy today after almost four weeks, so that’s the uncommunicative Import CDs off my Christmas list.

Impressive package, but could any of you American speakers explain to me what a "tip-on jacket" is please?

20. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Heavy duty, old-style sleeve with the artwork not printed directly on the cardboard but on an extra layer of paper which is then glued on the cardboard. Look at any vintage US sleeve from the 60's, they're all like that.

21. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Ah great, I see. Yes, I have an original mono "Mulberry Bush" soundtrack from the States which is like that. Or even the repro "Magical Mystery Tour".

In this instance, they’ve glued the inner photo onto the gatefold.

Neonbeam likes this.
  22. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I just bought the Rhino re-issue of 'Electric Warrior'. It definitely lives up to the hype. So stoked to check out other discs from this Rhino series. Thanks forum posters.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    longdist01 likes this.
  23. AxeD

AxeD Forum Resident

For those in the EU who still want to get the Rhino re-issue - it is also listed at www.importcds.com
    T. Rex Electric Warrior (rocktober 2017 Exclusive) on ImportCDs
    for less than 20 USD. importcds.com have very reasonable shipping costs to Europe and none of my orders got ever hold up by customs (I think they are sending the EU destined orders to the UK and dispatch from there to the final EU destination)

24. SteveCam

SteveCam Forum Resident

I saw about 4 copies of it at a local chain shop yesterday. Couldn't believe it. I rank this as one of my best purchases of 2017. Quality all around and well priced.

jimhb, polchik and SirMarc like this.
  25. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident