Target has Looney Tunes box for $45.00

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by reechie, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

Target's circular this week has the 4 disc Looney Tunes box for $45.99, which beats Best Buy's price ($54.99) by $11.

However, if you're like me, and have credit at Best Buy, they do match price, so take the Target ad with you when you go for your copy.

2. GregY

GregY New Member

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

But ya gotta be a member, or know someone who is, and I'm neither.
    :sigh:

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I'm not worried. In a couple of months, it'll find it's way up here to Canada... :sigh:

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Find a friend who has one. :D (Rudy raises his hand. ;) ) That's a good price on the set. I was going to wait, but at that price, I may jump on it. Thing is, give it a couple of months and you won't find them at Sam's.

6. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I haven't read much about this DVD, but my wife is a huge Bugs Bunny fan. How comprehensive is this set supposed to be? Sounds like a promising Christmas idea.

7. -=Rudy=-

Or drive a little over four hours to Detroit... ;) Just phone for directions around the detours. :laugh:

8. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

There are actually two sets coming out. The Golden Collection is a 4-disc set with 56 shorts, mainly from the late '40s and early '50s, featuring a variety of LT/MM characters. The first disc is devoted entirely to Bugs Bunny shorts. (A complete title listing can be found here.) The set also includes a generous assortment of special bonus features, including audio commentaries, pencil tests, character featurettes, music-only tracks, etc.

The Premier Collection is basically the second two discs of the Golden set, minus the special features.

9. -=Rudy=-

10. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

11. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

CD Universe has it for $41.99

Jeff

12. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

Oh, Gary ..... once again I'm forced to correct you so that our American friends don't think that we live in igloos. The 4-disc Looney Tunes set is available at Future Shop on October 28 (YES, THE SAME DAMN DAY AS THE U.S.!!) for $52.99 CDN (about 40 bucks in US cash).

Sheesh :rolleyes: .

Cliff

13. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I go to Sams fortnightly. I'll be there Friday or Saturday this weekend. I've been waiting for this collection!

14. Gary, Cliff is correct on the Canadian release date. I was in a&bsound last Thursday. The discs are being released October 28. a&b's price, $54.79, about $42. U.S. They will price match Future Shop/Best Buy if the price is lower.

15. KLM

KLM Senior Member

Amazon has the set for $45.44. Plus you get free shipping and no tax. Just ordered myself a set.

16. Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca is selling the DVD set for $55.93, which works out to about $42.60 U.S. Shipping in Canada is free from Amazon.ca on orders over $39., $29. U.S.

17. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

Re: Amazon.ca

Mike,
    Much like Amazon.com, I think the free shipping at amazon.ca is for domestic (i.e. Canada) only.

Cliff

18. -=Rudy=-

Stopped at Sam's. They didn't have it in stock yet. I'll check the next time I go. Plenty of Indy Jones though, most of it the full screen version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.