Teac TN-300 turntable (coke bottle green): $199 shipped

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

This is a deal on eBay. Brand new.

The nice looking Teac TN-300 turntable for $199.

Features USB and RCA outs, and an integrated preamp.

It seems to get a lot of good reviews in its price range (and a lot of dissention from those who've never heard it, I would add).

Teac TN-300 2-Speed Analog Turntable - Turquoise | eBay ยป

[​IMG]

Turmatic, black sheriff and mdm08033 like this.
  2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Almost a seafoam green.

3. NotOneStraw

NotOneStraw Well-Known Member

I had this exact model, only a different color. It was an awesome turntable for the $389 it cost me; it's an outright steal for $199.

4. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Any bugs at all?

How is the onboard pre?

I have a friend looking for a decent intro table and this may be perfect for her.

TIA

5. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

I don't think the onboard pre-amp can be too great. At least that's what a few people I've read online said in some reviews I just looked at on amazon. I bought an audio technica 120 recently from buydig. It came with an extra 95E cartridge and a cheapo cleaning kit. That doesn't have good reviews as far as the pre-amp either but I guess you can't expect much for turntables that are a few hundred. They can be upgraded but it takes a bit of work. Is there any higher end turntables with usb and built in pre-amps? I saw teac has an $1,100 one but no others. Even that one is made in Taiwan and not Japan surprisingly though.

6. NotOneStraw

the pre- is more than satisfactory for entry-level (produced enough gain thru a regular old AVR to power Klipsch towers with ease). I think the stock AT95e cart is far better than just a "stock cart too.

my gripes: tonearm isn't awesome, but unless you're a tinkerer you probably wouldn't notice, and I also thought the platter was cheap aluminum (mine was slightly wobbly), and there is very little upgrade path. BUT that said, you can bypass the pre- with a higher-quality external pre- at some point and the internal is completely removed from the chain, which is nice (and unlike say, the AT120). also the tonearm is rated to 6.5g carts only, but that means most AT carts will work. in other words there's some room to grow.

I was very pleased with it, I just spin way too much and took the plunge on a big-time upgrade across the board. mine went to a loving home for a friend, used, for $200 (don't tell him about this deal please lol)

Guitarded likes this.
  7. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

What did you upgrade to? I know the AT120 pre-amp is still on the chain when it's even turned off which sucks but it can be removed I saw. I'm a bit afraid to tinker with that though as I don't have experience at all with that sort of thing even though it doesn't look complicated.

8. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

No ability to play 78 RPM...I'm out!!! :laughup: (just kidding) :biglaugh:

9. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

It's the Statue of Liberty's favorite!

mrjinks, Davidmk5 and black sheriff like this.
  10. NotOneStraw

I recently bought a Music Hall MMF-9.3 and installed an Audio Technica ATOC9ML/II microline MC cartridge to go with it. I've been using a Vincent PHO-8 pre- for some time now.

Not gonna lie, this set-up don't stink. Getting ready to majorly overhaul my amp next.

11. DLD

DLD Senior Member

OP, that Teac is a beaut. One starting out in vinyl could do far, far, worse

NotOneStraw and PH416156 like this.
  12. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Sent this link to a friend of mine and she texted back - 'WANT'.

So, guess what she gets for Christmas?

13. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

That's some "friend" :laugh:

LivingForever likes this.
  14. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Probably be cheaper than buying her shoes or a purse.

black sheriff likes this.
  15. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

bought the last one with 10% ebay bucks on :)

16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

It's crept up $50 to $249 now...

17. statcat

statcat Forum Resident

it says that price but 0 in stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.