Terminator: Genisys - Arnie is back

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

ringosshed likes this.
  2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Unless James Cameron is directing, I'll pass.

3. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

"I'll be back...right after I charge up my Rascal scooter."

Rockos, sunspot42, HAmmer and 4 others like this.
  4. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

It can't be worse than the last Die Hard (or can it?)

5. Sheesh, way to sully the franchise further. Ugh.

3 was interminably bad. 4 was just boring.

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

I read somewhere that the rights to the Terminator franchise will revert back to him in 2019, unfortunately he has zero interest in re-visiting Terminator due to the damage done by III/IV, the TV Show and I'm pretty sure that V and VI will add to the carnage. As far as I know he's doing Avatar II - III guaranteed - maybe a IV (prequel) - The Informationist (Cameron/Landau acquired the rights late last year - great book) and Battle Angel.

7. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

More Terminator :rolleyes:

More Avatar :rolleyes:

8. ... but I thought machines don't age?

9. Keith Boleen

Keith Boleen New Member

I'm keeping my mind open for this. I remember NOT seeing three in the theaters because it didn't have James Cameron and the female terminator just seemed to much a "gimmick" for me. But when I finally saw it on video, I actually enjoyed it. And as many reviewers said, "It was better than it deserved to be."

CrazyCatz, Jarleboy and SandAndGlass like this.
  10. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I enjoyed 3 a lot--great popcorn movie, just not great art so the Cameron fanboys wept. But after what Arnold did to California in the noughties I wouldn't give him a nickel on a bet.

sunspot42 likes this.
  11. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I wonder what will be the story about. Maybe Arnold will pass the torch to The Rock?

12. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Arnie and perhaps a few other key people will get richer. That's all it's about. Culturally it's still close enough to the 80s that it might make money, if not in theaters than definitely in licenses, home vid, online, bundles with other parts of the franchise etc.

smilin ed likes this.
  13. jawaka

jawaka Senior Member

I thought the worst thing he was in was The Housekeeper, another thing that should have been left alone.

larryk likes this.
  14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I didnt' think 3 was that bad. I thought it fit in with the others pretty well.

Jarleboy, Drifter and wayneklein like this.
  15. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Wouldn't be a true SH Forum thread without people crapping all over something that hasn't even been created/released yet. :rolleyes:

Jarleboy and Aaron52101 like this.
  16. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Oh yes it can.

smilin ed likes this.
  17. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

3 isnt a terrible movie. There are some really good moments in it. The problems with it are the casting is a bit off and I reckon a lot of it got cut out.

The bit that makes no sense and leads me to think cuts were made, is the scene they switch Skynet on at the maximum security base and then the whole team walk through the door and start shooting.

Hang on......how did..theyyy??

4 again had some good moments but just too many plotholes for what was supposed to be a 'serious return' for the franchise. Oh and Bale sucked as Connor.

For me they have never picked the right person for the role of Connor in any of the movies or TV shows.

Though I have to say the last couple of episodes of the TV series really rocked up some great concepts and new ideas for the franchise. Just a shame...

As for a fifth movie, I just hope Arnold isnt a terminator in it. I hope he's Sgt. Whatever that they based the terminators on.

CrazyCatz likes this.
  18. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Like I've said a few times before to such posts, it seems that history has proven us doubters right on so many occasions. I'm surprised you still hold that much hope.

The stats are against you really. :laugh:

Dudley Morris likes this.
  19. ganma

ganma Senior Member

Loved 2 and the TV show. I'll pass on geriatric Terminator. Next thing you know and Rocky will be back...
    [​IMG]

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. Collector Man

Collector Man Well-Known Member

Terminator 5?....Spare us! Yet another example of Hollywood dumbing down....."Hey Kids, come see the film version of ...........based on Comic Book : Edition No...."
    I hapened to be watching a part of Jurassic Park 3 on TV tonight. All I could think was..." Did they actually ask people to pay to see that dross?"

smilin ed likes this.
  21. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

I've happily only seen 1 and 2 and I think I'll keep it that way.

smilin ed likes this.
  22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I wish I'd kept it that way.

Well, okay the TV series was pretty good- much better than movies 3 and 4.

23. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Strangely for me JP3 is a much better constructed movie than JP2. Neither are movie classics but JP2 is a total mess. But then thats what happens when you direct a movie over a video link.

Jarleboy and SandAndGlass like this.
  24. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Count me in!

25. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Sure, I would never expect Terminator 5 to be anywhere near as good as parts 1 and 2, but I'm not to crap all over a sequel idea and dismiss it as a complete turd without actually seeing it first. I know that puts me in the minority, though. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.