Thank you SH members for your advice: XA777es

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by John L, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John L

John L New Member Thread Starter

Some time ago, I was unhappy with a couple of CCR SACD's. Some members said my 555es player may not be giving me the full potential of SACD. Well, I sold the 555 and got an xa777. Wow! What a great player. Now, the 555 was an excellent sounding player, but this 777 is just fantastic. Everything is just so clear with more dynamics. This is in 2-channel. I've only had it a few days and I'm as happy as a pig in *^*t. Thank you to everyone who recommended this player. (Never did get to try the CCR with the 777 because I had sold them)

John

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

You'd better get those CCRs again, John L! Highly recommended! :)

What do you think of redbook playback? I'm pleased with my XA777ES's redbook performance!

3. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Congratulations, John. I also upraded from a 555ES to the XA777ES, and agree that the 555ES is an excellent player, but there is a definitive improvement with the XA777ES.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Cool!

I too went from C555ES to XA777ES. The differences were substantial and I don't mean by "audiophile" standards ;)

Made me want to go through my entire music collection again just to hear what I was missing.

5. Claude

Claude Senior Member

I went from a 10 year old Sony CDP-X777ES ($1500) to the XA777ES and was surprised by the highly improved redbook performance. It's an excellent "universal" player.

6. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

I am also very pleased with my XA777ES. It made my Redbook CD collection come alive.

7. John L

John L New Member Thread Starter

Oh, so true. Redbook sounds great. This thing is keeping me in shape. I keep changing out discs.

John

8. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Since I never got to hear XA777ES and went straight to XA9000ES I can only wonder how they compare... Any way, my 9000 sounds terrific!

P.S. I'd love to hear a direct SCD-1 vs XA777ES vs XA9000ES comparison! Is there anybody who heard ALL of these?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.