That 'Meddle' Cover Art/Photo!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mr Class & Quality?, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Yes.

2. I've learn't something today. I never knew that the Meddle cover was a human ear.

3. Took someone else to point it out to me many years after the album was released.

4. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Meddle is my favorite album of theirs. Fascinating comment, eh?

5. andythiing

andythiing Forum Resident

Ear today gone tommorrow

6. drumz73075

drumz73075 Forum Resident

Learn something new everyday. I guess I never really took the time or cared to study the image on the Meddle cover.

7. Agora Mike

Agora Mike Forum Resident

I've owned this album for 30 years and listened to it countless times. How is it possible that I never realized until now that the cover depicts sound waves entering an ear? :wtf: Thank you internet!

[​IMG]

8. I remember the first time I saw the cover in the Record store. I thought to myself "Ewwww....why the heck would somebody put a nostril on the cover"?. Then I took that extra couple of seconds and spun the cover around and figured out what it was. But to this day, I always think nose first....:oops:

dbsea likes this.
  9. The first time I saw it, and for ages thereafter, I thought it was an overhead shot of a lagoon - lighter areas being the sandy patches, darker the rocks and deeper spots.

Of course, I was familiar with the Canadian version, which had the same indistinct cover rendering as the US version.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  10. Bonus points: who's ear are we looking at?

-s1m0n-

11. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

It's always looked like a closeup of the ocean floor to me-a very pretty album cover!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.