The Americans Season Four ...Begins tonight.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by trem two, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

That would be interesting to hear if they even get it there.

2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Probably with disdain and those in the know find it simplified, highly inaccurate, and dramatized to the nth degree? Just a guess.

3. shokhead

I see they at last got thrown a few emmy nominations.

mrjinks likes this.
  4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Finally! Best actor/actress/drama are some pretty major noms. I wish the daughter would've nabbed a supporting one, tho...

audiomixer likes this.
  5. shokhead

:agree:
    Drama Series
    The Americans
    Better Call Saul
    Downton Abbey
    Game of Thrones
    Homeland
    House of Cards
    Mr. Robot

Any of them can win and it wouldn't be the wrong one. Wow!

6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Fixed! ;)

7. shokhead

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Good news.

Encuentro likes this.
  9. shokhead

Well? I thought it was a good start.

10. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yea, we liked it too. One question, and since there are no more IMDB discussion boreds, Ill ask here. How did they know where the body was buried? Remote location on a military base and bingo, they nail it.

FritzL likes this.
  11. Lonson

Weird that they released the last season on disc the day the new season started! I have the first episode on the DVR and am watching the DVD set as a refresher. Wow. This last season was great.

12. trem two

trem two Forum Resident Thread Starter

"Previously on The Americans..."
    (Mail Robot and Wigs included.)

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Eh, the Russian agents could always pay off somebody on the inside, or perhaps they intercepted a message that revealed the approximate location. They new where the infected scientist had been taken, and I think the idea was they couldn't take his body far away, so it'd make sense to bury him inside the walls of the compound.

I had more questions on why that part of the military base had almost no guards, no security cameras, no electrified fence, no alarm sensors, no patrols, and so on. Particularly for five or six people who had an acetylene torch and weapons, and wound up using both... in the middle of the night.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  14. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Why wasn't the body incinerated? It seems more than a little careless to bury a body infected with a contagious and dangerous virus. I realise it wouldn't do much for the storyline but...

15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yea, that scene (paying off sumbuddy to get info) may well have ended up on the editing room floor :) or just left for us viewers to figger out by our ownselves
    Altho that whole scene was was wonderfully staged, it just didn't ring true for me (in a show that much more often than not rings true) for the reasons we stated. Minor nitpick

Vidiot likes this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I still like the show, and I can watch it and go, "aaaaa, that's kinda silly, but the acting is so great and the story is so compelling, I'll let that one go."

DLD likes this.
  17. John54

John54 Senior Member

When are they going to get theirs?

18. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Is it me, or is season 5 rather... boring? I feel like the tension has totally dissipated. The lack of discussion suggests people might agree with me.

What are we supposed to find interesting about Oleg investigating grocery stores in Moscow? Why did we spend several episodes following Philip's lost son to America, only to see him turned away at the last minute? Philip and Elizabeth's escapades seem low-stakes and anti-climactic. The show is one melancholy conversation in a dingy room after another. It should be ramping up as they approach the end and instead it just seems to be spinning its wheels.

19. Lonson

I can definitely see how it may be considered boring. I still find it fascinating, just because these persons and the lives they have to leave are fascinating to me. There are a lot of things thrown on the wall here this season, and if they do stick they don't seem to add up in connections. But. . . they may still. We see Marta, and Gabriel returned to Moscow, not sure what he expected from Marta, will we see both of them connected? I find Oleg's story fascinating, I think he's going to find that going up against the man the grocer named is going to be difficult, and his KGB search and questioning may be related to that. And Stan's girlfriend. . . is she KGB? We're still not done with the horticulture story, and the disease story seems to be coming back. Not that much of a Paige story this season and now we have a Henry subplot. I don't see how all these will coalesce into a conclusion, and probably only a few elements will, but I'm enjoying the ride. I like slow unfolding story lines. Not necessarily paint drying, but that's not happening here with me.

20. shokhead

Man, I haven't found it boring at all. Pretty dam good season so far.

21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Checked out after the first episode and I don't miss it. I LOVED this show for the first four seasons but I've just lost interest in it. Losing Nina didn't help. I mean, I totally get why they did it and her death was highly dramatic and upsetting but her absence has hurt my interest.

The show just seems dull and the plot lines are tiresome. I'm out.

22. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Yeah, I bailed about a month ago. I knew I was done when I realized I didn't care about a single character or story line.

23. shokhead

Now you have more time for 2 broke girls.:biglaugh:

24. shokhead

Lonson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.