The Apartment (1960)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Orlan K, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slappy9001

Slappy9001 Senior Member

I have the UK version. It says Region B on both the back and the disc, but it is, in fact, Region A & B so it plays fine in the U.S. Actually, I suppose it could be all-region as well--I haven't looked into it beyond making sure it plays in Region A. It most certainly DOES play fine in Region A.

2. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Ah Ok, thanks. But I think with the $5 credit I got for cancellation amazon.com is currently best option.

And what is the point of region restrictions these days? Completely ridiculous.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. Slappy9001

Slappy9001 Senior Member

Arrow usually makes their disks compatible for both regions when they are going to sell in both regions. This way there is no need for different disks for the regions. Anything they sell only in Region B is most definitely Region B and you will need an all-region player to view it.

4. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

I have the U.S. version, and there are no region markers whatsoever.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Received my copy of the new BR today-replacement for my well-loved VHS version:)
    [​IMG]

mark renard and Benno123 like this.
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Heard from another viewer of the UK bought Blu-Ray, yes it plays on Region 1 players, and even though on the packaging its printed Region on the back.

Beautiful looking 4K transfer!

7. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, if an Arrow title is released in the US and the UK, it will be region-free (or at least Region A + B). They use the same discs,modulo some different printing on them to accommodate UK video ratings.

It can be confusing because the UK packaging will invariably say Region B, but the only time that is actually the case in my experience is when it's a UK-only title. I assume their licensing agreements require region-locking on the UK-only titles so the US rightsholders don't get bent out of shape about competing region-free releases being imported by US customers.

longdist01 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.