The Bourne Legacy--Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AVTechMan, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I liked it, thought the transition to the new story line was well done.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

:laugh:

3. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Just got back from seeing the Bourne Legacy at the "dollar" theater. It got middlin' reviews, so I waited it out till it went discount.

I really enjoyed it. Yes, it isn't as good as the first three, but waaaayy better than much of the summer's trash (think Avengers and other super hero movies).

I'm not sure Jeremy Renner is good looking enough to be a lead actor. Kind of looked like an MMA fighter after a rough tussle, though he brings a lot of the required toughness to the role, which I appreciate.

Rachel Weisz: what a pleasure to watch. Great actress, and sheer beauty as well. She looked so pretty wearing bangs (as opposed to her predominant hair styling with a part down the middle). Gorgeous. Happy for her and Daniel Craig to make a couple. Seem like two mighty fine people.

4. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but with a $239M total grossing and a $125M budget this movie hasn't generated a real profit. Home video releases could bring some more money to the table but this is far from a hit

5. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Doubling your money is not longer good enough?

6. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

7. shokhead

8. shokhead

Matt Damon says Bourne is coming back to the big screen

9. Yeah, I hope the new film with Matt Damon is better than the one with Jeremy.

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

More Paul Greengrass = no sale for me until he buys a frickin' camera stand! :mad:

PH416156 likes this.
  11. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I'd rather see a new film with Jeremy.

12. shokhead

Not me and for all we know they will both be in it. We pretty much know nothing.

13. rd1

rd1 Forum Resident

I was under the impression that there will be two separate films and hope it is true, I've enjoyed all of them.

14. shokhead

15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I felt the Bourne Legacy was closer to the books with less action and more drama.

The first 3 Bourne movies had way too much action compared to the books.

16. shokhead

Doesn't mean they have to be just like the book, page for page. I liked them just they way they are.

Simon A likes this.
  17. shokhead

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

own and enjoyed them all!

19. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Starring Ian Gillan? :p

20. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

I seriously hope they take nothing from the continuation novels other than the title. What wasteful trash..they've already produced like ten of them...including one where Bourne actually fishes a bullet ridden amnesiac assassin from the ocean!!!!!

Weird that they're sill going ahead with the second series. It doesn't really bother me as I never much liked the films and get far more pleasure from rereading Identity and Supremacy. The plots of those two books are far darker and more twisted than anything Hollywood can produce. Not to mention Bourne and Marie are fully fledged characters who are simply trying to survive at all costs.

They would make great three hour epics but I'd be afraid three hours wouldn't be enough to contain them.

21. shokhead

Well one reason it's been this long is because Matt said he would only do another if the scrip was right. Let's hope so.

22. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

I do wonder why they didn't just go with a different name for the movie. It's good for what it is - a thriller. I suppose if they hadn't used the Bourne connection, people would have called it a rip off. Perhaps it was titled that just to get people into the cinema. Matt Damon is returning to the character, so we can have the original back soon !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.