The Doors Live at Isle of Wight 1970, to be released in 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spyder52, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Leonard Cohen IOW package was also a CD/DVD combo and had no problem fitting 2 different track lists on the back cover.

2. Buda

Buda Forum Resident

3. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I also have to have a "Peace Frog" with overdubs of frogs croaking and a "Light My Fire" with the sound of a striking match every time "Come on Baby, Light My Fire" is sung.

4. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

How to put two different track listings on a package was sadly a secret Leonard would take with him.

5. Pats, if it’s so important to include the motorcycle footage, wouldn’t it be even more important to not crop footage of the band?

Six Bachelors and Darrin L. like this.
  6. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

My goodness...the complexity of such an endeavor!!

Matthew Tate and rnranimal like this.
  7. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I think the urinal footage would go well with "Back Door Man".

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. SoundAdvice

Hardcore fans want the real recording, not the Frankenstein.

I watched the Doors Hollywood Bowl Blu-ray earlier this week. They make a big deal about using the original multi tracks of that show, brag about full running order being correct, and Botnick saying they have to be upfront about a couple "tricks" needed to bring th 3 songs back from the trash heap. Frank L. also clearly stated in 2012 on the HB blu that it was the only Doors show with film of every song.

Jampol/Pat's Radio obviously haven't seen that release.

This is not top shelf. For the 3rd time I challenge anyone to name a worse Eagle Rock Blu-ray release.

Six Bachelors and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I posted that early on in this thread.

For those who want to hear it.

Shawn likes this.
  10. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Your Pavlovian reaction to the remotest slight against your hero worship is as comical as the inclusion of a motorcycle sound effect to a CD.

They ruined the ambience ... the drugged 2:00 am red light vibe is actually chill and welcoming .... nobody was actually riding a motorcycle around their stage during their performance, were they? If I were there and some dude was ruining the show by revving his bike over the music, there would be fisticuffs. It's annoying in person, and even moreso during a song.

But you're a sycophantic apologist, so it's to be expected. I'll stick with Palace of Exile and pass even on the Blu-ray just in the remotest chance that this release somehow puts money in your pocket.

11. SoundAdvice

12. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

13. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I was so looking forward to watching this film. I went to sleep last night feeling utter contempt , the gail of them to desecrate Jim's performance. I spit on thee!

14. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

Do you read? I just explained why they didn’t. And why they didn’t makes sense. Don’t buy it. This is a terrific release with excellent audio which you’ll miss out on. I’m also guessing most of the “fans” on here are frauds and WILL buy it and claimed they didn’t. Oh, I’d bet the ranch on that. Including you.

Ethan B likes this.
  15. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Where is the evidence of this?

16. Pats Radio

It’s the truth, facts matter. I know that doesn’t work for you.

17. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Yes, we read you saying it was because they would've had to put two track lists on the packaging. Compelling excuse.

You owe me a ranch.

Six Bachelors, Matthew Tate and Efus like this.
  18. Efus

Efus Senior Member

You clearly don't understand the difference between fact and opinion.
    The only fact in your post is Murray filmed a motorcycle ride around the festival.
    Everything else is your opinion.

The order of the set list for this concert is wrong on both the CD and blu-ray.
    That's a fact.

This is opinion, not fact; "Well since they had no film footage of Roadhouse Blues which you would know if you watched the video than why put it during the middle of the show? You wouldn’t."

But you could. Still pics, even the motorcycle footage in daylight could have been eased in there and explained as "unfortunately Murray missed filming this number, but we didn't want to mess with the show's running order as we consider that as changing history.

I think most people can figure out they didn't film that number. Now your going to have a future generation thinking RB opened the set.

Fwiw, in my opinion (ie not a fact) I've seen better ideas coming out of these threads from fans, than what I see coming out of the professional legacy manager and his private equity fund partners. But keep arguing with the fans, Im sure Jeff would be the first to tell you that's a good business strategy.

19. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Pats, I appreciate your blissful acceptance for all Doors Products. I just wish you could acknowledge the overwhelming grievances. Just a little bit. Just a wee little bit.

This becoming a Monty Python skit, with the dead parrot.

20. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

21. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Seems like they don't work for you.

What you said: 2nd Fog reel will be on release. There aren't large chunks of missing IOW footage.

Facts: 2nd Fog release is not on the release. Large chunks of footage is missing from IOW.

22. Pats Radio

Thanks Captain obvious for noticing it’s out of sequence. That is a fact indeed. They clearly chose not to do that which is THEIR right. Welcome to the club of facts.

Flynbryan likes this.
  23. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Do you like it that way? Would that be your preference, as a fan?

24. Pats Radio

Look, if the very very very small amount of you don’t like the product then don’t buy it. Period. The Doors won’t lose sleep over it and quite frankly nor will anyone else.

Hate all you want, but this is a well done release which is a fantastic addition to the Doors catalogue. Do us all a favor though take your hate and go back to the romper room site where it’s welcome. Good luck.

25. Pats Radio

I just want the music and video. It doesn’t bother me at all. I’ve been cranking the show in my car. It’s awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.